X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fl girl
    replied
    Re: Quillow question.

I forgot all about quillows. I made a lot of them in the late 80s. I will look the pattern up on youtube. I am sure my grands would love them. Thanks for jog to my memory : )

Leave a comment:

• Wrenmuzz
    replied

I'm currently on quillow no.5, my daughters friends all love them and whenever a baby is due they put their order in! I have made a couple using fleece as the backing. My template is 10 blocks that measure about 12" finished size. Make the quilt section using 9 of the blocks. For block 10 I add a 2" border all round in the same fabric I use for the binding. This is sewn centred at the bottom of the 'wrong side'. Hope this makes sense to you.

Leave a comment:

• Greyjay
    replied

I came across this youtube the other day.
    A quillow made with a fleece throw, maybe it's what you were thinking of?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA95BEJHMwU

Leave a comment:

• LRM
    replied

I watched Quillow 101 video and think you could use the blanket you bought for the main part and make the pillow case portion and attach it.

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

Here's a lot of info:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=quillow+youtube+

Someday I plan on making one. or two.

Leave a comment:

• Marta
    replied

I think I got the Quillow making all wrong. I was thinking of making a large pieced and quilted pillow front and a ready-made throw for the inside.

Leave a comment:

• Patty J
    replied

I made a quillow and it wasn't hard to do. I used fleece and used fleece for the pocket with batting in between the layers. There are tutes on you tube, don't know if Jenny did a tutorial or not.

Leave a comment:

• LRM
    replied

I would think you could add a piece of material (fleece or otherwise to make the pillow part.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

By definition a quillow is a quilt that folds up into a pillow (attached case on back.)

That said I would imagine they are made from whatever fabrics that people use in their quilts. Your question is very general, as I have no clue what you want to use the microfiber blanket for -the batting? the backing? the whole quillow?

Leave a comment:

• Marta
    started a topic Quillow question.

Quillow question.

Can I use a store bought microfiber throw for a quillow? What type of fabrics are most used for them?
Working...
X