Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Motion Help, PLEASE

Razorback quilt 3 all.jpgscan0002.jpg

Okay, now that I've figured out the top of my quilt and have it almost put together, do you think I can quilt it using a long arm? Is it possible to quilt AROUND the razorback in the center? He has a stabilizer (fairly heavy) ironed on and is satin stitched around. I'd rather not have him quilted if possible but yet still use the long arm.

Any suggestions? -- PS: The one print is what I will use as the backing of the quilt.

Re: Free Motion Help, PLEASE

So sorry... the photo on the left is the backing and the photo on the right is the quilt top. -- Thanks, Illine.

Comment

How far apart does your batting say it can be quilted without causing problems?
      Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
      Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
      Pinterest

Comment

Katherine, it says Quilt Up To 3" Apart. What does that mean?

Comment

The quilt up to 3" inches apart means that your lines of stitching should be no more than 3" apart. If your razorback is no more than 3" by 3" inches then he doesn't need to be quilted.

You could probably quilt around him with a longarm and then go in and tack him every 3 inches or so with coordinating thread. He's terry cloth so the thread would sink in on him and just show on the back of the quilt.
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

The large razorback is 22 x 12 and the small ones are 8.5 x 3.5 inches. What do you recommend. Then, along with that are the words "ARKANSAS" and "RAZORBACK"... how should I treat them?

Comment

Illine, I'd do as Karen suggests - quilt around the words and the razorbacks and then go back and hand tack the terry pieces down..
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
              X