Circular Quilt!!!Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circular Quilt!!!Help!!

So I am working on a Christmas tree skirt, The pattern is Speedy Spiral. Very difficult to construct, but I did get it done.........so now I am trying to machine quilt it. Everything pinned nice and flat but somehow every two or three rows it is all bunching up,using walking foot. Took out stitching several times and repinned. Decided to stop before start crying Hoping the break will help. Any advice? Is this because it is a circle thing??? Will post pics when finished, if I get there. (Pardon my whining, but just had to vent).
    To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
    Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Re: Circular Quilt!!!Help!!

Sending hugs. That's about the only help I can give. Hope someone who has made one can help you out!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I'm not familiar with it, but are you working with a bias? That could cause problems for you. when i get that frustated with a project I find it's best if i walk away for a while. Things usually go better when i go back. Wish I could be more help.
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

If you are sewing in just circles..making them.. You will need to BAST your quilt from the center straight out to the edge before trying to machine quilt in the round. You will still get "bunching". It's because of the sewing on the bias and feeding/stretching that happens when you do circular quilting. I think the only way to also help this would be to use a different FOOT.. I used the free motion foot and a hoop on that last tree skirt I made 4 years ago. It gave me alot more control and less bunching.
        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
        :icon_wave:

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice, definitely didn't pin it like that. I can see how that makes sense though! More pinning it is! Will attempt again tonight. Not very experienced with free motion foot but maybe give it a try
          To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
          Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

Free motion foot tip for your circular quilting. Leave the foot dogs exposed.. then it is just like regular straight quilting. And an embroidery hoop helps with the stretching and bunching. I had so many pins in mine that I couldn't do much sewing without running into one. So I did a long stitch (set at 5) from center to edge about 8 different places. Think of it like cutting a Pie into wedges.
            good luck and let us see the results.. hugs.
            Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
            :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
            X