X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrishBish
    replied
    Re: BORDER HELP

I would love to see the blue or dark red/purple border and a binding of a darker color. I agree white would be boring! I have one I am just getting ready to 'sandwich' together and it is crazy and wild too. Love this!!!

Leave a comment:

• Granny Judy
    replied

I'm gonna suggest a narrow dark border with the larger white. The dark will give the eyes a place to rest and the White will let you make a larger size quilt. I love Scalloped edges, but that is getting into a bit more work (math) I'm sure it will be beautiful no matter what color/s you choose.. It's gorgeous just as is!!

Leave a comment:

• tfrankum
    replied

I would do a small white border, no larger than 2 inches. Then if you have any fabric left over from the piecing, maybe a piano key border of all the colors in the quilt.

Leave a comment:

• Wintersd
    replied

BEAUTIFUL!! I would either bind in a color from the batiks or use a small dark border. I think the white border would distract from the wonderful pop of the batiks.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Ladies, Thank you all for your input on my border dilema. I received many good suggestions...so many, in fact, I may need to audition several options. The quilt top is 70" square at this point (10 rows of 10 7" blocks). This was not the easiest block to make, but after making 100 I got pretty good at making them. There are a lot of places you can make mistakes in this block. Im not sure of the name of the block. I saw this block in a pillow and I sketched it and worked it out. Each block has 16 triangles, which give the swirly look to the block. I made the outer triangles white so the eye would have a place to rest. I think that's important when you have a lot of busyness in a quilt or a painting. I also don't feel that every quilt benefits from borders. Sometimes a binding is the most striking thing you can do. A border can contain (stop) a really busy design, and this can be a good thing. One of my other concerns is that without a border the LAQer may have difficulty with all the little triangles along the edges. Thanks again for your suggestions..I respect your input and will consider everything. Barb

Leave a comment:

• caschaefer
    replied

Your quilt is stunning! What is the current size? If it were me, I'd either put a very narrow white border, then wider batik. That way, it stops the design and brings your eyes to the center of the quilt. If you don't want to do that, and it's large enough, don't border at all! Thanks for your great inspiration. What pattern is this???
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• meemeecyn
    replied

Very very nice, Barb. Such a colorful quilt. Makes me smile just looking at it. Just binding would work! Do you think a white prairie point border would be too much???

Leave a comment:

• Mimis-quilts
    replied

I think a narrow white border, this would frame the entire quilt and the border would not take up the outer ring of the design. Then you could either make another border with one of the darker colors or just back it and use a darker binding. Love this design and the colors you used pop! Can't wait to see it when you are finished!

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by Carol_Ann View Post
    Your quilt is beautiful! I am in agreement with Summer. ......no border & a binding in one of the colors in the quilt that you want to accent with.
    And I third it - just like Summer and Carol Ann said - no border and a binding of one of the colors in the quilt.

Leave a comment:

• Txgrandma
    replied

I absolutely love your quilt, the colors are amazing and the way you have worked them all together is striking. I can see the white border and colored binding also.

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied

I'm thinking a very narrow white border, so the egdes of the swirlies dont disappear, and a white border. Your design is prominent enough that it doesnt need framed by a border.

Leave a comment:

• Alana
    replied

I agree with Summer and Carol Ann, just a binding from a colour in the quilt.

Alana

Leave a comment:

• Carol_Ann
    replied

Your quilt is beautiful! I am in agreement with Summer. ......no border & a binding in one of the colors in the quilt that you want to accent with.

Leave a comment:

• Divine Daisy
    replied

it is so beautiful! , personally i would put a narrow boarder with one of the colours and bind it in a darker colour from the body of the quilt. Its amazing and i agree with you that the white would detract from the pop of the quilt

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

If it is the size you want I think it would look fine just bound in white.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X