BORDER HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BORDER HELP

Your quilt is stunning! What is the current size? If it were me, I'd either put a very narrow white border, then wider batik. That way, it stops the design and brings your eyes to the center of the quilt. If you don't want to do that, and it's large enough, don't border at all! Thanks for your great inspiration. What pattern is this???
    Chris

Comment

Ladies, Thank you all for your input on my border dilema. I received many good suggestions...so many, in fact, I may need to audition several options. The quilt top is 70" square at this point (10 rows of 10 7" blocks). This was not the easiest block to make, but after making 100 I got pretty good at making them. There are a lot of places you can make mistakes in this block. Im not sure of the name of the block. I saw this block in a pillow and I sketched it and worked it out. Each block has 16 triangles, which give the swirly look to the block. I made the outer triangles white so the eye would have a place to rest. I think that's important when you have a lot of busyness in a quilt or a painting. I also don't feel that every quilt benefits from borders. Sometimes a binding is the most striking thing you can do. A border can contain (stop) a really busy design, and this can be a good thing. One of my other concerns is that without a border the LAQer may have difficulty with all the little triangles along the edges. Thanks again for your suggestions..I respect your input and will consider everything. Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

BEAUTIFUL!! I would either bind in a color from the batiks or use a small dark border. I think the white border would distract from the wonderful pop of the batiks.

I am not bossy; I just know what you need to be doing!

Comment

I would do a small white border, no larger than 2 inches. Then if you have any fabric left over from the piecing, maybe a piano key border of all the colors in the quilt.

Comment

I'm gonna suggest a narrow dark border with the larger white. The dark will give the eyes a place to rest and the White will let you make a larger size quilt. I love Scalloped edges, but that is getting into a bit more work (math) I'm sure it will be beautiful no matter what color/s you choose.. It's gorgeous just as is!!
            Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
            :icon_wave:

Comment

I would love to see the blue or dark red/purple border and a binding of a darker color. I agree white would be boring! I have one I am just getting ready to 'sandwich' together and it is crazy and wild too. Love this!!!

May all beings everywhere be happy, healthy, and free

:icon_cool:

Comment

Working...
              X