BORDER HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BORDER HELP

I'm to the point of putting borders on the wildly colorful quilt I posted a few days ago. It's made of every color of the rainbow and more and there's a white diamond between each block and at the edge of the quilt.

First of all, do you think this quilt could handle just a binding and no borders? Then, I was thinking of a 2" (finished) white inner border and a 4" batik outer border. I'm not liking the break to the white border and the jump back to batik. DH thinks either I should use no border at all or do an all white border and white binding..I think this would be boring.

Would you please take a look and tell me what you honestly think.... You can find it in the Gallery......Thanks!
    Attached Files
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Re: BORDER HELP

First off, I love this quilt. It looks like it was hard to do. What size is it?

I would do a narrow white border and bind it with one of the bolder colors from the quilt. I also think just binding it with no border would look nice and I'm leaning toward either a white binding or one of the dark colors from the quilt. Depends on whether or not you want to make it larger or like the size it is.

Can't wait to see the finished quilt.
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I like the idea of a narrow white border and a color from the quilt for the binding. How does it look with the batik border and a darker binding?
      Susan

Comment

I think a narrow white border and bind with another color..love this quilt
        Patrice

Comment

Love this quilt! I like the idea of a narrow white border and then a larger border from one of the colors in the quilt. Can't wait to see it all finished.
          When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

It's gorgeous! I think it would be perfect with no border and a dark binding.
            Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
            Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

If it is the size you want I think it would look fine just bound in white.
              K is for Karen 😊​..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

it is so beautiful! , personally i would put a narrow boarder with one of the colours and bind it in a darker colour from the body of the quilt. Its amazing and i agree with you that the white would detract from the pop of the quilt

Good luck!
                Blog
                http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful! I am in agreement with Summer. ......no border & a binding in one of the colors in the quilt that you want to accent with.

Comment

I agree with Summer and Carol Ann, just a binding from a colour in the quilt.

Alana
                    Alana
                    To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                    alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                    https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

I'm thinking a very narrow white border, so the egdes of the swirlies dont disappear, and a white border. Your design is prominent enough that it doesnt need framed by a border.
                      ~Mary
                      As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

I absolutely love your quilt, the colors are amazing and the way you have worked them all together is striking. I can see the white border and colored binding also.
                        Mary
                        A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Originally posted by Carol_Ann View Post
                          Your quilt is beautiful! I am in agreement with Summer. ......no border & a binding in one of the colors in the quilt that you want to accent with.
                          And I third it - just like Summer and Carol Ann said - no border and a binding of one of the colors in the quilt.
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I think a narrow white border, this would frame the entire quilt and the border would not take up the outer ring of the design. Then you could either make another border with one of the darker colors or just back it and use a darker binding. Love this design and the colors you used pop! Can't wait to see it when you are finished!
                            LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Very very nice, Barb. Such a colorful quilt. Makes me smile just looking at it. Just binding would work! Do you think a white prairie point border would be too much???

Comment

Working...
                              X