T block tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T block tutorial

Help! I know I watched a tutorial from Jenny that had a T in the block using a layer cake and now I can't find it anywhere. I'm probably using the wrong name or something. Anyone know which one I'm talking about?

Re: T block tutorial

I'm thinking that tutorial was part of one of her sympoz classes and not a youtube tutorial.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

I think I've watched all of the MSQC tutes more than once and I don't remember a T block. I also think it could be from the Sympoz. You could call MSQC at the shop and ask. Their number is at the top of their Home Page. I see you're from Springfield. I was just there two weeks ago and spent a respectable amount of time (and $$$) at the Quilt Sampler on Glenstone. Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I did check both the Sympoz classes since I subscribe to both of them, not there that I can find. It may have been an alternate way to place blocks from another pattern. I think I will call her as I've spent all day going over tutes when I could have been sewing. Quilt Sampler is a great shop. I was just at a shop in Ozark yesterday getting fabric for an Ozark group I have just joined. I have three baby quilts with charm packs and a layer cake to do by Dec and wanted an alternate way to do them. Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I'll run into you one day.

Comment

I did call and Natalie answered and knew just what I was talking about. I got a chance to thank her for the awesome templates she designed! What a great help this place is to us.

Comment

Great...glad you got your question answered. Now you can sit down and sew...Barb
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by jfleckal View Post
              I did call and Natalie answered and knew just what I was talking about. I got a chance to thank her for the awesome templates she designed! What a great help this place is to us.
              So......which tut was it? You've got me curious now.
              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

The one I was thinking of was from QQI, Jelly Cakes - Variations on the Block.
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

It was using a layer cake cut into two pieces, six and four inches. Then sew a jellyroll strip between them and another jellyroll strip across the top of the three pieces forming the T. The blocks are then sewn together turning the T in different directions. Natalie described it and then I remembered the sequence but I still don't know which tute it is from. Ha!!!!!

Comment

You are right, Block Queen! I went back again and it is in the Jelly Cakes lesson 5 at the very end as a variation.

Comment

Working...
                    X