Stitch in the Ditch Foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stitch in the Ditch Foot

I have a Brother XR-7700. I recently purchased a snap-on Stitch in the Ditch foot, and when the guide that is on the bottom is in the ditch, the needle is not in the ditch, but slightly off. Does this mean the foot is misaligned, or am I missing something else.
    Thanks.
    Pix

Re: Stitch in the Ditch Foot

Hi Pix: I had never heard of a stitch in the ditch foot, so I did a little looking around on the internet. Here is a link with a description of what I found: http://www.gonesewing.com/servlet/Detail?no=279. Do you have your needlein the center position? That's about all I can suggest you check on your machine.
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I agree with Martha that your problem may be due to the position of your needle. You could always call a Brother sewing machine center and pick their brain. Personally I've never seen a foot especially made for stitching in the ditch. I'll bet I could still jump out of the ditch even with a special foot......! Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Love my stitch in the ditch foot. I would make that phone call and get it figured out. You will love this foot when it is working properly!

Comment

thanks for the link, I just went browsing and discovered that I can get both the stitch in the ditch foot and a walking foot to fit my machine. And Pix, I agree with the others, look to see if the needle is in the center. I just checked my machine and it has 3 settings for needle placement. I love you gals, I can pick up so much from this site.
          :icon_razz::icon_razz:
          Lorie 20

Comment

Working...
          X