X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanielaK
    replied
    Re: Keyhole Block

There is a pattern at the shop which is made with the JR. Jenny made a Quilt which is hanging in the shop and then made the HB and demo'd it. Both are very easy and fun.

http://www.missouriquiltco.com/patte...fully-sew.html

http://www.missouriquiltco.com/patte...fully-sew.html

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

Teresa it isn't a matter of being smart, it's practice, and like one of the other girls here I like numbers, the maths simply doesn't daunt me. LOL, when all else fails...draw a picture, I scribbled two different size options to figure the most efficient use of the available fabric in the jelly roll. A complete block needs 38.5" so you will have scraps to play with as well. =)

Leave a comment:

• Tslave57
    replied

Thanks for the calculations. I knew there was somebody out there smarter than me.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I haven't done a keyhole quilt but been considering it so did a bit of quick number crunching. I worked out that if you did your blocks to finish 6x12" you can get 40 blocks, ie the number of strips, depending on how you rearrange the colours to get the centre contrast. With that you can do a layout of 8 across by 5 down to get a top that finishes 48"x60". Add a border, say 6" and you get a 60x72 quilt.
    always my hero! I hate math.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

been looking at the same video in the past few weeks! I may have to put this one on my list.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

I haven't done a keyhole quilt but been considering it so did a bit of quick number crunching. I worked out that if you did your blocks to finish 6x12" you can get 40 blocks, ie the number of strips, depending on how you rearrange the colours to get the centre contrast. With that you can do a layout of 8 across by 5 down to get a top that finishes 48"x60". Add a border, say 6" and you get a 60x72 quilt.

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Sorry haven't tried this one yet. Bet it would be nice with a jelly roll.

Leave a comment:

• Tslave57
    started a topic Keyhole Block

Keyhole Block

In Jenny's tutorial she uses a honey bun. Has anybody tried this with a jelly roll? And if so, how many jelly rolls did you use and how big was your quilt? I have a beautiful jelly roll that I haven't used yet, and thought this might be a fun block to try.

Thanks,
    Teresa
Working...
X