• BellasQuilts
    replied
    Re: Wedding Quilt....

Wow, MLt150, that is beautiful!!

Leave a comment:

• BellasQuilts
    replied

How about a signature quilt? These are for special occasions and easy to do with charm packs and jelly rolls. Leave the centers a solid color and then have family members sign a square for you. I am making one for my daughter now and all her bridal party signed the squares and I am embroidering what they wrote (Tip: keep it short or you will embroider for years!). Jenny has a video tutorial called Garden of Eden that shows this simple design. Post what you end up with; I would love to see it.

Leave a comment:

• Loonwatcher
    replied

tfrankum, thanks so much for that link. I love dbl wedding ring quilts but woudl never dare to make one. This looks doable.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Try this tutorial for the circle ruler/cathedral window quilt.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Missouri.../0/3gKvdrexKE4

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

That really is a beautiful quilt...... Mlt.... thank you so much for sharing ....

Leave a comment:

• mlt150
    replied

I made this quilt for my daughter's bridal shower gift as she likes modern patterns. Clothworks made the pattern and you can go to their website and download it free along with many others.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

Great ideas Bobbi and that Linked Hearts quilt is so gorgeous..... wow!!! Thank you

Leave a comment:

• BobbiKocherSpain
    replied

I saw a tip that suggested you ask the gift recipient to select the quilt colors by picking out paint chips with their colors on them. Then you can take the chips to the quilt shop with you!

Leave a comment:

• BobbiKocherSpain
    replied

I am looking to make a wedding quilt for my niece, who happens to be named Mia! I googled quilt patterns using the words: Love, Wedding, Rings, Hearts, etc. I found a beautiful quilt on this site http://www.quiltingmom.com/Wedding.html[/URL] We selected the linked hearts. They show it in tan colors, but I'm making it in soft purples and blues, with a cream background. It looks hard, but I blew up the photo, and it really is a simple 4-patch design!

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

Hi Bakermom,

A few weeks ago I saw a sampler style quilt.......and I really liked it, so that's an excellent idea!! Thank you hon

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

Yes I remember that tutoral. It showed how to use the circle magic and the 18mm cutter.
    Mia, what about a sampler style quilt? the variety in the blocks can make it look intricate even though the blocks themselves are not.

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

I watched the Kaye Woods quilt tutorial and I realized Jenny had done a similar tutorial for the Circle Magic template but when I looked for it......I can't find it among her tutorials. Does anyone remember it besides me?

Leave a comment:

• Susan M
    replied

Great link Tfrankum! Watched the video and OMG how easy is that. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    replied

How about making them a Christmas themed quilt, they both will surely like it and it will last their lifetimes.

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

Tfrankum, thank you for your insight..... I'm sure I'll be begging for more before this is completed...... thanks too for the link..... I'm going to check it out right now....

Hi Lynn..... good points to consider. I want to make it something they will both enjoy, but I hadn't considered him until you mentioned him. YIKES....... thanks sweetie, you're always a big help.

WOW that is a really pretty quilt, Jr.... I love it! I also like your idea of making in the wedding colors. I hadn't thought of that!

Hugs everyone and thank you very much

Leave a comment:

Working...
X