Wedding Quilt....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding Quilt....

My niece is getting married in the fall, so I have between now and November to make a quilt pretty enough for a wedding gift. I am looking through patterns, so if you have a favorite pattern or color way... please share?

Thank you and big hugggs for all you do .... to help me with my quilts
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Re: Wedding Quilt....

Of course, the obvious is the wedding ring quilt. I have always wanted to make one, but the idea was daunting. However, I found a really neat way to do it. Here is a link to the demo and templates that are needed. When you see it, you won't believe it.

http://www.kayewoodtv.com

Go to the quilts and wallhangings section and look for the "rings that bind" quilt.

Comment

Mia as for colour, it would be great if you could find out either what her favourite colour is or what colour their bedroom is likely to be. If going with her favourite colour, also consider that the groom may have an 'opinion' on the colour if he is also using it. Good luck, I look forward to seeing a lovely quilt some time before November.
      Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

I made a quilt as a wedding gift last year. I wasn't brave enough to piece the curves in the wedding ring quilt but I found this pattern for Tennessee Waltz which looks like curves even though it's all angles.

The pattern is Tennessee Waltz by Quilt in a Day. (Click the name to go to the shop). You definitely can't make it in a day but the instructions are clear and it's quite easy to put together.

I made it in the same colours as the wedding theme so that it would be a nice memory of the day.
        Quilting through the dull times
        northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Tfrankum, thank you for your insight..... I'm sure I'll be begging for more before this is completed...... thanks too for the link..... I'm going to check it out right now....

Hi Lynn..... good points to consider. I want to make it something they will both enjoy, but I hadn't considered him until you mentioned him. YIKES....... thanks sweetie, you're always a big help.

WOW that is a really pretty quilt, Jr.... I love it! I also like your idea of making in the wedding colors. I hadn't thought of that!

Hugs everyone and thank you very much
          ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
          Mia

Comment

How about making them a Christmas themed quilt, they both will surely like it and it will last their lifetimes.

Comment

Great link Tfrankum! Watched the video and OMG how easy is that. Thanks.
              Susan

Comment

I watched the Kaye Woods quilt tutorial and I realized Jenny had done a similar tutorial for the Circle Magic template but when I looked for it......I can't find it among her tutorials. Does anyone remember it besides me?
                ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                Mia

Comment

Yes I remember that tutoral. It showed how to use the circle magic and the 18mm cutter.
                  Mia, what about a sampler style quilt? the variety in the blocks can make it look intricate even though the blocks themselves are not.
                  “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Hi Bakermom,

A few weeks ago I saw a sampler style quilt.......and I really liked it, so that's an excellent idea!! Thank you hon
                    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                    Mia

Comment

I am looking to make a wedding quilt for my niece, who happens to be named Mia! I googled quilt patterns using the words: Love, Wedding, Rings, Hearts, etc. I found a beautiful quilt on this site http://www.quiltingmom.com/Wedding.html[/URL] We selected the linked hearts. They show it in tan colors, but I'm making it in soft purples and blues, with a cream background. It looks hard, but I blew up the photo, and it really is a simple 4-patch design!

Comment

I saw a tip that suggested you ask the gift recipient to select the quilt colors by picking out paint chips with their colors on them. Then you can take the chips to the quilt shop with you!

Comment

Great ideas Bobbi and that Linked Hearts quilt is so gorgeous..... wow!!! Thank you
                          ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                          Mia

Comment

I made this quilt for my daughter's bridal shower gift as she likes modern patterns. Clothworks made the pattern and you can go to their website and download it free along with many others.
                            Attached Files

Comment

That really is a beautiful quilt...... Mlt.... thank you so much for sharing ....
                              ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                              Mia

Comment

Working...
                              X