Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the cuff on a pillowcase

Hi, all

I have watched Jenny's tute on the roll up or tube method pillowcase, as well as a couple of others on the web, but Jenny's is the best. Of course!

I want to make a pillowcase to match a quilt I am working on and use the leftover blocks in the band or cuff of the pillowcase. When using the roll up method, which side of the cuff comes out as the "top" or right side of the pillowcase? Obviously the fabric ends up being right side out once all is said and done, but I will hate to put this together only to have the blocks on the inside of the pillowcase.

I guess I'm asking whether to put the "block side" of the cuff down first or the "inside part in the end" side first. Hope this makes sense.

Has anyone else pieced the cuff on the pillowcases? Any tips for a newbie?

TIA,
    M&M

Re: Question about the cuff on a pillowcase

Tia,
    layout of pillowcase ......
    first .....CUFF: right side facing up - a 9" piece.
    next .....TRIM: press in half, wrong sides tog. - a 2" piece . (with raw edges at top - with cuff raw edges)
    last .....BODY of case: right side down - a 27" piece. line up all raw edged pieces.
    If you have more questions, please let me know. Carol_Ann

Comment

Hi, Carol_Ann

I got the basic layout. Doing it "Jenny's Way" (hmmm, maybe a new title for her quilting tutes????), when you lay down the cuff the first time, then that side of the cuff ends up INSIDE the pillowcase, correct? My cuff will not be a single piece of fabric, it will be pieced and I want to be sure that when I pull the rabbit out of the hat that the "pretty side" or blocks I've put in the cuff end up on the front right side (outside) of the pillowcase. Does that make sense? I'm still getting rid of a migraine and my thoughts are still sketchy. Hate migraines.

Appreciate all the help!
      M&M

Comment

Okay, I think I got it. I need to play with the fabric to make sure before I sew it (I hate unsewing but ought to be good at as much as I've done in my time). The part of the cuff that is right sides to the body of the pillowcase when it's sewn up will be the OUTSIDE of the cuff once finished. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Many thanks!
        M&M

Comment

I believe you've got it ! Go for it and tell me how things "turn out" .... ha ha ha.

Comment

Ha ha "turn out" .....good one! Let us know how you do M&M
            Susan

Comment

Working...
            X