Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need your opinion, please?

Wonderful quilters,

Having made two valances for my daughter to put in her kitchen and dining area, I saved some material to make a table runner. I purchased three fabrics to compliment the valance pattern, but I am really clueless on the best way to put it all together. I have the two sizes of tumbler rulers and both of Jenny's quilting quickly series. Here is a picture of the material I purchased so what should I do?
    I have been a part of the wonderful world of quilting since last September so I am still a rookieDianne 010.jpg!!!!!

Thanks a bunch!!
    Dianne

Re: Need your opinion, please?

I should add that I have 1 1/4 yds of valance material, 2 yds of the red and small print gray/black/ cream and 4 yds of black. Thanks

Comment

Hi there Diane,

There are so many options and Jenny has done a few of those in tutorials, so you might want to begin there. I love the dresden plates for table runners too. I also made a couple of table runners using Jenny's tutorial for squares..... I'm not sure what she called it but it's the one where she begins with 2 squares then 4 and so on. It's very simple to construct. Best of luck to you hon.
      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
      Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
      (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Mia is right. I made about 4 of those table runners and they are so easy and pretty. Here is the web site. http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/bask...ner-tutorial/#
        Last edited by Elaine; June 29, 2011, 10:43 AM.
        Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

Cute idea to make a matching runner. I saved this pic of a tumbler pattern table runner to make some day.
          http://auntiesquaintquilts.blogspot....blerunner.html
          Patti
          "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Originally posted by patticakes View Post
            Cute idea to make a matching runner. I saved this pic of a tumbler pattern table runner to make some day.
            http://auntiesquaintquilts.blogspot....blerunner.html
            I really like this. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Mia View Post
              Hi there Diane,

There are so many options and Jenny has done a few of those in tutorials, so you might want to begin there. I love the dresden plates for table runners too. I also made a couple of table runners using Jenny's tutorial for squares..... I'm not sure what she called it but it's the one where she begins with 2 squares then 4 and so on. It's very simple to construct. Best of luck to you hon.
              I thought about this one...it is cute! Dianne

Comment

Dianne, what pretty fabric! Have you definitely decided you want to use the tumbler rulers? If not, a D9P (tutorial on MSQC) might work, using either the red or black as the center fabric. Like is suggested, using the more white fabric surrounding the center square; putting the focus fabric in the corners and then use the left over red and black for the borders. I have made table runners in this pattern, using 5 inch squares, and making 4 (9 patch) blocks. It comes out good size, but you could adjust the size by making the squares bigger for a larger runner or making fewer for a smaller runner. Good luck with whatever you decide...if it is anything like your delicious recipes, it will be awesome!
                Cynthia

Comment

Dianne, what about pinwheels made with the red and black fabrics, on a background of the big print? I've never made a tumbler quilt but I'm sure it would be adorable in your fabrics, too.
                  Last edited by debinmalaga; June 29, 2011, 12:05 PM.
                  There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Great ideas everyone. I have not decided yet, but will show you what I come up with. Dianne
                    Last edited by mlt150; June 29, 2011, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Lovely idea to make a matching runner to the valances. She will adore whatever you come up with. I have made my favorite blocks (12 " finished)...put 3-5 in a row and put a strip of fabric around to frame it all, then bind. The ideas are endless. Measure the table it goes on, decide on the finished size, get some graph paper out, and design away. It will be fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                      X