NEW PRODUCTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW PRODUCTS

My wonderful UPS driver just brought me a few of the Pilot FriXion eraseable gel ball pens in black, blue and red. After reading the post and watching the tutorial where the marks seemed to disappear by magic when touched with an iron, I had to give it a try. I scribbled heavily on a piece of white cotton and touched it with a moderately hot iron and Viola! the marks were instantly gone. All three colors disappeared completely and instantly. Where have these been all my quilting life? I have struggled with so many different types of marking devices and products - either they disappear before I want them to leave, or they won't leave when I want them too, etc. I ordered my pens from OficeWorld.com. The pens were about $2.00 each plus a little for shipping.

Another product I recently tried (although it has been around a while) is Best Press by Mary Ellen. This product is a clear starch alternative. At my quilt shop they carry tea rose and lavender scents. I love the tea rose - just a hint of fragrance, no residue on my iron and just the right amount of body on my fabric. This is a product I will buy again and again. I believe it is available through MSQC. I thought it was a little pricey, $7.99 for 16 ounces, but it really seems to go a long way.

Back to the sewing machine. Barb
    Last edited by Bubby; June 22, 2011, 11:45 AM. Reason: typo
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Re: NEW PRODUCTS

We've been talking about those pens over in the Product Discussion forum - there are a few things to know before you use them on a really special quilt. The marks can come back under certain conditions (COLD weather). Anyway - read the thread, you can see what others say.

I'm excited to use these on my own quilts in the meantime.
    Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
    Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
    Pinterest

Comment

Katherine, thanks for referencing that discussion - right on point, good info.
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Still looking for one of those pens to test. Sound great. I LOVE Best Press and a bottle last a long time.

Comment

i think i saw this pen yesterday. im gonna run back to the quilt shop and get me one. like i need another gadget. geeez. thanks yall. lol

Comment

I use the Best Press all the time and absolutely love it....wouldn't buy any other product!

Comment

Working...
            X