Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIMPLICITY ROTARY CUTTER(Electrical)

ENQUIRY MINDS Wanna Knowwww

Do any of You have this Electrical Rotary Cutter?
    1. What has been your experience with it?
    2. What did or didn't you like about it?
    3. Would You recommend this gadget to someone else?
    4. Are you from Venus or Mars?
    just making sure i didn't put u to sleep

:icon_popcorn:~When life throws you scraps make a quilt.~

Re: SIMPLICITY ROTARY CUTTER(Electrical)

I am not familiar with that brand but I did have a Chickadee electric cutter and recently sold it. It would not have been good for precise cuts even though it would sail through multiple layers.

Comment

Hi Claire
      I'm not familiar with Chickadee either so I Googled it.
      Actually.....this is what I'm, refering to:

:icon_popcorn:~When life throws you scraps make a quilt.~

Comment

Have never seen one of these! Do you suppose it could be one of those "if something is too good to be true, it probably is"? Like how long will it cut? Will it cut neatly and precisely? Is it like the Accuquilt? If you get it, Gurl, I will be interested to hear how you like it. Good luck!

Comment

I bought this product and it seems to work okay as long as you go slow. I haven't really spent to much time with it yet since what I've been working on had triangles. I'll be using it more as soon as I finish the quilt I'm doing now so I will let you know.
          Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
          "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

I just saw a deluxe version of this tool (electric rotary cutter) and realize it came on the market some time ago. As an update, has anyone else bought it, or used it more extensively, since last year? Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

I've been looking at it too. If you get one let me know if you like it....I'm a gadget person.
              Shirley aka buckeyequilter
              I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I read reviews on this several months ago and from what I read decided that it was more work and cost than what it was worth. It seems that unless you are very precise in the feeding of the material your strips can come out wonky and sometimes even when you are careful they still are messed up.
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

I heard on another forum that this works on smaller cuts of yardage or larger strips that you need to size down. Trying to cut a yard of fabric makes it difficult as the weight of the fabric will drag and cause the piece to shift. You practically need 4 hands to manipulate it to go straight through the cutter. I think it's simpler to use a manual rotary cutter with a June Taylor Shape cut.

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                    I read reviews on this several months ago and from what I read decided that it was more work and cost than what it was worth. It seems that unless you are very precise in the feeding of the material your strips can come out wonky and sometimes even when you are careful they still are messed up.
                    That's what I heard. I prefer my June Tailor Shape Cut or my Altos QuiltCut2, they cut strips nice and straight.

Comment

Yes, with further investigation I see that many reviews are not favourable. Unless I am sent one free I think I will use the old way of cutting! Thanks, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Denis View Post
                        I heard on another forum that this works on smaller cuts of yardage or larger strips that you need to size down. Trying to cut a yard of fabric makes it difficult as the weight of the fabric will drag and cause the piece to shift. You practically need 4 hands to manipulate it to go straight through the cutter. I think it's simpler to use a manual rotary cutter with a June Taylor Shape cut.
                        So from the picture on the box it looks like you have to measure and cut it double the size you want and then cut it in half, is that correct? So if I have to do that I'll just stick to what I'm using now.

I'm finally learning to use the June Taylor shape cutter, so maybe I'll just stick with that and my AccuQuilt Go.
                        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I had read where it doesn't cut strips accurately, and they didn't recommend it. Also, the blades are special blades that have a hole in it, so you can't use anything but the special ones, and that they dull pretty quickly.
                          Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

I got one when they first came out as a gift. It is horrible! As most reviews say, it is very difficult to get exact, straight cuts of fabric. I never was able to use it for cutting quilting strips. I tried all the techniques: not prewashing my fabrics, starching the heck out of the fabrics, using small cuts of fabrics. It was a waste of time and money! I used it a couple of times to make strips for a toothbrush rug because those strips don't require accuracy. I had it on a shelf in my sewing room for years and someone wanted to buy it. I told them the drawbacks of it and also showed them reviews of this machine. I allowed them to take it for a test run also. They were just sure they could make it work for them so I sold it to them. They have regretted the purchase as it now sits on a shelf in their sewing room.

I have the Accuquilt Go and all the strip dies; HOWEVER, I rarely use them. I always reach for my June Tailor shape cut ruler everytime! Now, that is a purchase well worth the money! You can get the Shape Cut ruler at Joann's with a coupon which makes them quite affordable.

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

I am personally to much of a control freak to use anything like this.
                              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X