Bobbin Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobbin Thread

I am interested in thoughts, opinions and experiences on using bobbin thread (aka 60 wt thread) for machine quilting. Early on in my quilting journey, I had an instructor praise the use of bobbin thread. Just recently, I have read that it is really too weak to use for quilting. I have used it a few times, but can't judge it's strength or weakness because I only used it on small quilts (table toppers), not on a bed quilt.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: Bobbin Thread

I used it recently on a full size quilt. I used the Bottomline brand and had no issues. It claims it is as strong as other thread so I am hoping that is true! It's holding up just fine so far, but the quilt is only a few months old.
    Lori

Comment

I use prewound bobbins in everything I sew. I get them on ebay. I have never had a problem with them, and they go soooo much further.
      Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Originally posted by Doloris View Post
        I use prewound bobbins in everything I sew. I get them on ebay. I have never had a problem with them, and they go soooo much further.
        I am not sure that the prewound bobbins are the same thing. Do you know if they are also 60 wt?
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...
        X