Bow Tuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Tuck

has anyone made this purse. the directions call for fusible fleece. what is the difference in that and fusible web and fusible interfacing and would the last two work on this purse. i don't want to do all this work and then find out I should have used the fleece
    Patrice

Re: Bow Tuck

I haven't made it yet but I would say the fleece would just make it a little thicker. I have the pattern and looked at it a couple of times but haven't yet taken the time to make it. Working with the fusible fleece on some other tote bags I would say that is the only difference is durability, strength and thickness. Good Luck.

Comment

Fusible fleece is a fleece that you iron on. If you want I think you could use a quilt batting and maybe quilt it to the front fabric to hold it in place. I made a bag with it, and wondered if I needed it as well. It made it bulkier to sew, where just a heavy weight fusible web or interfacing would have gave the purse the strength to hold it shape. Let us know what you do.
      JVO

Comment

I have made the Bow Tuck purse. It makes the purse a little stiffer to hold it's shape. I prefer a handbag that way. It also gives you some "puffing" like batting so you can quilt the purse.
        When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

thank you all. I did end up getting some. I will post pic if I am happy with it when Im done
          Patrice

Comment

Working...
          X