Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please!!!!

Hi All,
    Im new to the world of quilting and sewing, im a young mother who has been made redundant from my employment with two primary school going girls and to pass my time during the day i have decided to try my hand at quilting. Unfortunatly in Ireland supplies and help in this area is very limited so im asking anyone who is experienced if they can direct me to links etc to make my first quilt from start to finish, i know it's a big ask but any help is really welcomed.xx

Re: Help Please!!!!

Hello Nicola....
    Welcome to the forum. There are so many wonderful ladies here with lots of years quilting experience.

I am a fairly new quilter also and I came here knowing almost nothing. Jenny's tutorials ..... and the help of these generous friends have guided me along my path. I'm still not precise enough but I do love quilting as well as Missouri Star Quilt Company.

As far as links........ go to the top of this page and click on tutorials. You can also go to You Tube and do a search for 'quilting' or for "missouri star quilt co" or even "Jenny Doan.'

Best of luck and please keep us updated on your progress..... or ask questions if you need to.
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

My suggestion is to watch all of Jenny's tutorials. They are terrific and pointed me in the right direction totally. The ladies on this board are so terrific and so willing to share their secrets.
      Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
      "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

I too recommend all the tutorials. For start to finish instructions I recommend Jenny's class at Craftsy.com called Quilting Quickly 1 (and 2). I've taken both classes; they are so fun and informative.

http://www.craftsy.com/classes
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Me too Nancy and I hear number three..... is in the works....
          ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
          Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
          (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Hey guys,
            Thanks so much for all of your help, im really looking forward to getting started.x

Comment

hi nicola,
              There are many traditional irish quilting blocks. They are truely lovely. Some simple and some omg complicated! I too recomend the tutorials here and once you have tried a few things, i recommend having a go at your homeland tradtional patterns. I am new too, have learnt a lot from this forum, theres always help around. I have begun researching and trying traditional english patterns and it is such fun. I am concentrating on north east english patterns of which there are many. Meantime i do other easier stuff too, because to complete a project however small gives one such a boost.

I hope you enjoy quilting as much as everyone here does...be warned it is addictive! I hope your job situation improves soon.
              Blog
              http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I recommend the tutorials that are on this site. There is no better way to get started.
                Susan

Comment

Working...
                X