X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sassyquilter
    replied
    Re: Cottage Rose Quilt Help

That definitely sounds intense! A lap size or wall hanging would have been more fun Don't give up though, it will be worth it in the end!

Leave a comment:

• AQUILTS07
    replied

I have discovered two things, since beginning this new project.

One, I discovered I am really good at sewing!

Two, I realized that at Jo-Anns the project is too large and complicated that we wont be able to complete the project .

The class emphasized that we'd learn ''start to finish'', but it's not necessarily true. However, I am staying on top of my work for each class, and hopefully I'll get ahead to be able to complete the quilt.

This quilt I feel wasn't exactly the best choice for a beginners project, since we did 70 blocks, each with applique (using freezer paper), and more.

I will keep everyone posted on how it all turns out. I am determined to complete it

Leave a comment:

• AQUILTS07
    replied

Thank you Susan! I agree, I will bring my first project to class if time gets too short

Leave a comment:

• Susan M
    replied

Glad you were able to find such a great deal on that sewing machine. Sewing on a deadline is not fun, indeed. If you can't keep up don't worry cause you can always make a lap quilt or wall hanging. It is the same process just smaller in size. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• AQUILTS07
    replied

Thank you both!

Luckily, I was actually able to buy a sewing machine from a friend, that had the blind hem stitch feature and more! For 20$.

Projects are great, but being on a time crunch is not fun lol. I want to make sure I am able to keep up.
    The reason I'm taking this particular class, is to learn how to complete a quilt.

Thank you both very much
    Last edited by AQUILTS07; June 11, 2011, 08:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

April I assume the blind hem stitch is for around the edge of the applique, if so then Bakermom is right, this can be accomplished with a tiny zigzag. play with the width and length settings until you get something that looks ok but it will be quite tiny to get a nice finish.

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

Well there is always the hand-sew option-it would take me longer than next week though.
    do you have a small zigzag stitch on your machine? Practice till you feel comfortable with it before you work on your blocks. i don't do a lot of applique but I'm sure others here will have options for you.

Leave a comment:

• AQUILTS07
    started a topic Cottage Rose Quilt Help

Cottage Rose Quilt Help

Hi everyone! Yesterday, I began my Cottage Rose Quilt at Jo-Ann fabric's class. (There will be 3 more classes, that are 3 hours long each.)

I need to sew, applique, and blind hem stitch: 70 blocks before Thursday of next week.

The issue is that my mother and I, do not have a sewing machine with a small blind hem stitch feature....

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions??

Thank you for reading this

-April
Working...
X