how much batting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much batting

Batting will be on sale for me tomorrow so I want to get some. How much do you all usually buy when it's on sale? I have never bought batting or completed a quilt before.
    Sorry for all of the questions.

Re: how much batting

If you can buy a good batting while it is on sale, buy as much as the budget will manage. But don't go overboard if you are not likely to use it in the foreseeable future, it will just take up space.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

last time I bought batting I bought the whole box of Warm and White. 40 yards. At that time it was $10.00 a yard, but I got it on a Black Friday and after all the discounts I paid right at $140.00 for $400.00 worth of batting. I couldn't pass that deal up. I'd say get 10 yards at least if it's a good deal and you can afford it.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

How good is the polyester low loft batting that is reg 3.99 a yard? I that to thin and cheap to hold up?

Comment

I don't think there's anything wrong with the polyester batting. Sometimes I use cotton and sometimes I use polyester. Just depends on what I have.
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I went to Joann's today and purchased Warm and Natural batting on sale for $6.99 per yard (reg 13.99). On top of that sale there was a coupon for 20% off... so I feel I got a great bargain. Unfortunately I don't have storage space for as much as I'd like to buy, so I settled for ten yards. However, it really depends on how much quilting you do.... and I agree, buy all your budget will allow
            ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
            Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
            (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

I buy the Warm and Natural when it's 40-50% off at Joanns and get about 5 yards off the roll. If they have the same thing in a package for buy 1, get 1 free, I get the King size - it can always be cut down to fit your smaller projects.

Hugs,
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
              http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
              http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

The last time I bought batting it was 50% off. I bought a 15 yard roll of bamboo batting and a 12 yard roll of warm and natural. I have to keep it in my closet - it takes up lots of room. Buy as much as you can and as much as you will use.
                Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                X