X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alana
    replied
    Re: sewing feet

I have a Brother Innovis 900D. I use my 1/4 foot constantly as well as my walking foot and darning foot. My machine is an embroidery type and you need the darning foot for the embroidery. I don't know what I would do without my 1/4" foot. The darning foot is also used for FMQ which escapes me still.

Leave a comment:

• SusanVinnie
    replied

have a Husqvarna Designer 1 and Diamond and would not piece without the 1/4 " foot. it is a must have. Also use a walking foot for straight going. Have a spring action open toe foot which I have used only once.....just learning to free motion quilt and still trying to get the hang of it!

Leave a comment:

• Jess1377
    replied

I always use a walking foot that handles lots of layers for my binding.

Leave a comment:

• DanielaK
    replied

I love, love love ....my 1/4 inch foot for my Janome machines. I have placed my walking foot on my third machine and need to start using it more. I was lucky when I purchased my last Janome, it came with 7 additional feet.
    Last edited by DanielaK; July 16, 2011, 07:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• Txgrandma
    replied

I have a Janome 4618LE and absolutely love it. I use the 1/4" foot for the piecing and my walking foot for everything else. I would probably use the walking foot for piecing if I could see my 1/4" mark with it on there. That mark is difficult to see with several of the feet I have. Thank goodness for the blue low stick painters tape if I need a guideline to go by I use that it stays in place well but no adhesive residue to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• Pixquilt
    replied

You can also get feet on ebay, usually they are "buy-it-now" options, but the prices are usually good.

Leave a comment:

• Joy624
    replied

I either use my quarter inch Accufeed foot or my regular quarter inch foot. I own a Janome.

Joy
    www.joyquilts.typepad.com

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I always use a walking foot to attach bindings - everything feeds through evenly that way. Barb

Leave a comment:

• Quilting Gram
    replied

I also have Janome and love the 1/4 inch presser foot. I seldom use any of the other presser feet I have.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Hum I learned a lot from reading all your posts. Thanks.

Monique

Leave a comment:

• scrappycats
    replied

I love all those feet and would not try to sew without them. I have been sewing since the age of ten and still need the little extra that those feet give me. I especially love the stitch in a ditch foot. I use it for top stitching as well - just line up the fabric close to the "plow" and move the needle over and away I go with perfect topstitching. I tried three different darning feet before finding the one that works for me and my Free Motions style. And of course I would not try to sew blocks together without my quarter inch foot. By the way, you need to measure to be sure your quarter inch foot is truly a quarter inch - -I have to move my needle just a hair to get a true quarter inch out of it.

Leave a comment:

• Emmari
    replied

If your machine is compatible with the Distinctive set for quilting ( linked ) you can buy it at Amazon for 50 dollars, or the individual feet for 10, 12 etc Just use the contact form and ask.

Hugs from Eva Mari

Leave a comment:

• lonestar
    replied

I'm new to quilting but do have a 1/4" foot. I was surprised at the price of accessories when this foot was required for my first quilting class. I bought it and love it. It is the most used accessory I have for my machine.

Leave a comment:

• Texsam
    replied

Have you tried Amazon? They have some sewing machine accessories. If I find something I want but don't want to pay the price at the time I put it in a wish list or the cart on the site and check on my Amazon page and it lists if it goes down in price.
    Last edited by Texsam; May 27, 2011, 09:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Susan M
    replied

I have purchased several feet for my machine but use the 1/4" foot mainly for piecing my blocks. The walking foot is used for putting the rows together, stitch-in-the-ditch, putting my binding on, etc. My open toe foot handles all my free motion quilting. So the rest of the feet that came with my Bernina or I purchased don't get used.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X