getting rid of little thread after using Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting rid of little thread after using Jack the Ripper

any suggestions on getting rid of the little tails that stick out?

Re: getting rid of little thread after using Jack the Ripper

Yes, I use a lint roller! I have one near my sewing machine, near my chair where I do my handwork and oh yes, in the closet where I actually roll our clothes when need be!

Comment

I usually pick them out by hand. It is good therapy....hee hee
      Susan

Comment

For small bits I just do it by hand or give the piece a good flick to get rid of them. For larger areas the lint roller is good but I just use a piece of masking tape, wrap it around my hand sticky side out so it overlaps and sticks to itself forming a circle, then dab away. You can move the circle around to get to the clean part of the tape, it's quick and easy. I Also use this to clean my design wall of bits of thread. Use a wider tape for the wall it's a lot quicker.
        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Great ideas that I have not thought of. Always did it the hard way with the good ole fingers!

Comment

I was using my fingers too, and the tips were getting sore (that tells you how much I ripped out), I am off to the store for a lint roller--or maybe I can find my masking tape. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
              For small bits I just do it by hand or give the piece a good flick to get rid of them. For larger areas the lint roller is good but I just use a piece of masking tape, wrap it around my hand sticky side out so it overlaps and sticks to itself forming a circle, then dab away. You can move the circle around to get to the clean part of the tape, it's quick and easy. I Also use this to clean my design wall of bits of thread. Use a wider tape for the wall it's a lot quicker.
              You Australian copied those tricks from the Europeans, or is it the other way around? lol Anyway I do the masking tape trick all the time and it sure works very well. Also using it to clean clothes when they come out of the dryer and still have some threads on them.
              sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Working...
              X