Lots and lots and lots and lots.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots and lots and lots and lots.....

Well, I want to make a table runner for my dining room table and decided that there was no better place to get some inspiration than to look through the albums of all of the talented members of this forum. YIKES! There are 584 pages of pictures...and every page has no less than 10 pictures per page!!!!! So I rather than spend the rest of the week (and likely into next week) looking at 5840 photos....has anyone made a table runner that they have posted to one of their albums? Thanks in advance for helping me dress up my dining room!
    Judy

Re: Lots and lots and lots and lots.....

I just looked thru for table runner recently. I think I did a search using table runner and than placemats. Found some great ones both ways
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Do you want something quick and easy? That ten minute one would fit the bill, altho it took me about an hour!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I usually pick a block or one of Jenny's tutorials that I want to try and then make a table runner out of it, instead of a whole quilt. I get to try it before I commit myself to a pattern. The friendship braid is a fun one. Here is one I did for a swap, as well as the one I rec'd in the swap.

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0857.jpg
        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I've done the zig zag runner which is quick, the scrappy table runner which is my favorite, and a version of the falling charms quilt as a table runner using a mini charm pack (2.5" squares) and am working on a table square instead so a runner.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Comment

003.jpg
            003.jpg

I used the half hexie pattern from Jenny.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

This is the one I made last year D9P with a batik charm pack.

Batiktablerunner1.jpg
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                Do you want something quick and easy? That ten minute one would fit the bill, altho it took me about an hour!
                LOL! You beat me by 15 minutes!

Comment

I did the D9P with sashing and it was super easy. Used one charm pack. Next time I want to make a longer one.
                  Attached Files
                  Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

About any quilt block can be made into a table runner. Just make 3 or 4 of them. Add lattice strips between and an outside border.

Comment

il_570xN.245178548.jpgIMG_3460.jpg5c21e1788a0c3ff12ff168980ae59fdc.jpghourglass runner.jpg

Do you want something traditional or something modern? That would certainly cut down on some of the choices. I like all the runners posted so far in this thread. Very pretty. The Dresden is one I made for a gift to friends. The others are in my "Quilt Ideas" folder.
                      Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; April 24, 2014, 02:32 AM.
                      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

IMG_4153.jpg
                        This is one I made my mother-in-law one Christmas.

Here's the Nicey Jane Table Runner that is one of Jenny's earlier tutorials. It's a super easy runner but I love it because it really showcases the fabrics. It can be made to look contemporary or classic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPV3...oSstq-o3qjnv1g

Moda Fabrics has some pretty ones in their Bakeshop . Just cruise through and you'll find them in this link http://www.modabakeshop.com/search/l...&by-date=false
                        Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; April 24, 2014, 02:42 AM.

Comment

I'm loving the table runners posted in this thread..... I hope there are more...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Me too, Sandy! What a fun one. Tablerunners are so much fun to make and so quick. I'm subscribing to this thread to see what others post.

Comment

Working...
                            X