Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dissapointed in Cutting /sharpening Edge Sullivans ruler

Hi
    I have been using my new Sullivans 38180 Cutting Edge 9.5" x 9.5" Square Gridded Ruler Sharpener, Diamond Carbide edge, - it dulls the rotary blade so quickly. I replaced the blade and again within 30 min it could hardly cut, and was pulling and fraying the fabric. Lightly touched with my finger and certainly did not feel sharp. is there a knack for using these rulers with the Diamond sharpening edges? Sure there must be as I imagine M*Q would not sell a bad product.
    Has anyone else had good/or bad experiences with them? Thanks

Maria Naito

Re: Dissapointed in Cutting /sharpening Edge Sullivans ruler

I never bought another. I even changed the blade to the other side so that it would sharpen both sides about the same. I didn't find that it dulled any quicker, but it just didn't sharpen as I would have liked.

Sure would have been nice if it just kept a blade sharper for a little while longer.

Comment

If you have any issues with M* Products, let them know!
      Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
      Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

I had the same problem with it dulling the blade although I did not buy mine from M*QC.
        It's all fun and games until the bobbin runs out.

Comment

If you come down on that edge with the edge of your blade it will dull it. You have to be careful to just have your blade run along the diamond edge. My ruler worked fine and kept my blade sharp. My complaint is that diamond edge wears off too fast.
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

I found that the diamond edge wore off way too quickly and wasn't worth the extra $ to me. I'm sticking with my Omni Rulers. I now buy 45mm generic blades which last longer than Fiskar blades and are 1/3 the cost even though I have to buy them 10 at a time.
            sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

I have a small 5" ruler, and it only took 2 cuts for me to stop using it for anything other than measuring. I couldn't stand the sound when the blade ran across that carbide edge. Like fingernails down a chalkboard.....
              Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

Working...
              X