Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat Quarter Ideas

Hi All,

I just bought a set of 8 beautiful blue hued batik fat quarters. Any ideas for a good pattern? I'm up for buying some solid colored fabric (maybe white) to go along with them and make them pop. They were so lovely, but I'm not sure what to do with them.

Thanks!

Re: Fat Quarter Ideas

This is the Moda Bakeshop recipe page specifically for fat quarters, you may find something you like here.
    http://www.modabakeshop.com/search/label/Fat%20Quarters

When you get to the bottom of the page hit the "older posts" link to see more.

Look at the layer cake and other patterns as well though as you could cut your fat quarters to accommodate a number of these patterns.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; May 25, 2011, 01:39 AM. Reason: spelling
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Also, remember that you can cut down fat quarters to 'jelly roll,charm pack etc...' sizes and use any of the tutorials Jenny has on youtube for your lovely batiks. Of course they won't be wof sizes, but still would go a long way especially if you added in your white yardage.
      :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

This book has some lovely fat quarter friendly patterns in it. Just gorgeous stuff truly. I've got a stack of fat quarters waiting to be cut up specifically for one of the patterns in there and just haven't done it yet. The quilt on the front cover of the book is for fat quarters.

Patchwork, Comforters, Throws and Quilts

I did a review on the book on my blog should you want to read it.
        Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
        Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
        Pinterest

Comment

Working...
        X