Quilt/Fabric shops in Portugal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt/Fabric shops in Portugal??

As many of you probably have read in various posts, we are taking care of my FIL, who came from Portugal in January. My hubby is there right now, dealing with various aspects of my FIL's affairs. I am here caring for my FIL, but my 21yo dd was able to go with my husband to help out.
    My hubby really would have liked for me to go; when we went before, I didn't get to see anything because of the nature of the trip, and I did not get to scout out any quilt shops. Alas, the difficulty of finding a suitable caretaker for my FIL for this week prevented me from going.
    Anyway, he said that he will make a side trip to buy me some fabric while he is there - Does anyone know of any fabric shops (especially cotton) in the Lisbon area?? Maybe some forum members from a nearby country who may have traveled there? I did find one online that someone blogged about, but I figured I would ask here as well! TIA
    Norma

Re: Quilt/Fabric shops in Portugal??

Unfortunately, last time I was in Lisbon was before I became interested in patchwork and sewing. For what I've found out in Spanish and Portuguese forums and blogs, the most famous fabric shop there is Tavares&Tavares, located at Rua dos Franqueiros, 251. Another one that I've seen recommended is Retrosaria Rosa Pomar. I'm really looking forward for my next journey there, as I am very fond of the city and its memories (it was my honeymoon trip).

Comment

Re: Quilt/Fabric shops in Portugal??

Thank you for this! I will give my hubby the address... It really is a beautiful place; the red roofs are so pretty to look at when you are landing in Lisbon Someday I will go back for more of a pleasure trip...

Comment

Working...
      X