• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobW
    replied
    Re: what the heck!? Why did this happen?:

Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
    above the "07" it shows a foot and the letter A.... that should be the correct foot to use... but if you select a different stitch it might change the foot and letter... your book should have in the back a glossary that shows the style of zig zag you want to use and list the correct foot to use... I've made some major boo boos in my lifetime.. and learned from every one.. especially the part about "reading" first.. LOL... I still to this day,, check "how to insert the bobbin" when I change from one machine to the next... YES,, I have multiple machines and go back and forth a lot.. I also do a "stitch out" before I begin any project to see the stitch quality.. before I get "into it" saves a lot of cursing on my part!!!
    I wondered what the letters stand for on my new-to-me Janome. See I learned something today, its a good day.

Leave a comment:

• nonnietomany
    replied

some machines you need to change your plate too. Trish

Leave a comment:

• SuzyQue
    replied

Yeah! This is why I love this forum.......someone learns something new everyday! It is not only a good thing to read the sewing machine manual, but to review it periodically! Don't ask me how I know.......I, too have made foot errors!

Leave a comment:

• Preeti
    replied

I have broken many a needle using the wrong foot :-(
    It happens.

Leave a comment:

• WendyI
    replied

Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
    above the "07" it shows a foot and the letter A.... that should be the correct foot to use... but if you select a different stitch it might change the foot and letter... your book should have in the back a glossary that shows the style of zig zag you want to use and list the correct foot to use... I've made some major boo boos in my lifetime.. and learned from every one.. especially the part about "reading" first.. LOL... I still to this day,, check "how to insert the bobbin" when I change from one machine to the next... YES,, I have multiple machines and go back and forth a lot.. I also do a "stitch out" before I begin any project to see the stitch quality.. before I get "into it" saves a lot of cursing on my part!!!
    Oh my goodness! I wondered what that A was for! go figure! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Yep.....to one with a nice wide opening!

image.jpg

Leave a comment:

• WendyI
    replied

***hangs head in embarrassment***....yep...just looked at my manual...duh!

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

You need to use the standard foot that came attached to the machine. It should work with a zig zag stitch. It has to have a wide opening.

Leave a comment:

• shermur
    replied

Yes, Wendy...I have to change the foot on my sewing machine.....I guess you should, too?

Leave a comment:

• WendyI
    started a topic what the heck!? Why did this happen?:

what the heck!? Why did this happen?:

So I tried to do a zig zag stitch and this happened!

presser foot.jpg

I feel pretty dumb right now but...do I have to change to a different foot to do a ziz zag stitch?

these are the settings on my machine

number 07 stitch.jpg settings 1.jpg
Working...
X