Shades of white, off-white, tan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shades of white, off-white, tan

I know all monitors show colors differently, but can anyone tell me the "general" color shades when trying to find which one to order of charms, layer cakes, etc?

I am thinking it also depends on manufacturer as well.... with that being said, when wanting to order white that is the most white do I order white, snow, etc? And the same for off-whites. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (like order of color brightest to least bright of color range)

Re: Shades of white, off-white, tan

Check in Jean Sewing Machine user notes. She had a thread about this a while back. May even have a video attached.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
      Check in Jean Sewing Machine user notes. She had a thread about this a while back. May even have a video attached.
      Marilyn, THANK YOU for heading me in right direction. I found them in her user notes page 5 or 6, not sure. Read them and hopefully saved them to my user notes as well after thanking her for typing it all out. Great info.

Comment

Trudy, be careful with the "snow" color. Kona snow is the perfect off white cream, I use it for so many projects. I just bought a bolt of it when I was at MSQC last Saturday. Moda Snow is completely different, very yellow and darker than the Kona Snow. Moda white is not as bright as Kona white or RJR optical white. I tried to show that in the user notes post. I bought samples of them all because they are so very confusing!

I hope you have the information of the brightest white to the one that is almost tan, i ordered them that way in my user notes!
        Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; April 14, 2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I just bought a swatch book for Moda's fabric, here is a picture of the whites. Hope this helps!
          DSC_0545.jpg

Comment

where can you find the moda swatch book?
            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
              where can you find the moda swatch book?
              I ordered mine from the Fat Quarter Shop Search results for: 'moda swatch' | Fat Quarter Shop

Comment

Working...
              X