Please help me decide about the Janome 15000 Sewing / Embrodery Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me decide about the Janome 15000 Sewing / Embrodery Machine

We took my 7700 (which I love) in for it's annual check up and cleaning on Saturday. While we were there, my husband saw the 15000 and saw that it may help me with the piece of quilting I struggle on - the actual quilting. The dealer is offering a machine used in a quilting festival class for $8900 with no trade in (and no iPAD).

Questions:
    1. Is this a fair price for a barely used machine?
    2. Has anyone had luck quilting a king size quilt on one (and what kind of batting did you use)?
    3. Has anyone used EQ Stitch to create the design to quilt for the 15000?

I really appreciate your help!

Sheri

Re: Please help me decide about the Janome 15000 Sewing / Embrodery Machine

Sheri, You need to find out how much the 15000 is brand new and compare prices. I tried to check for you on Sewing Machines Plus but they give only a phone number to call for the price. If you decide to buy the used machine make sure it comes with a full warranty like a new machine.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

The Janome 15000 (sewing/embroidery) was selling at release for $15,000. Then the price started dropping to $12K. Honestly, I would not buy it for just having the ability to quilt on it unless you are a machine embroiderer too. I think Janome overpriced at release trying to compete with the Berninas. For the cost of the machine you could send your quilt to a long armer many times over and still have money left. I'd love to have one myself as I do machine embroidery but not willing to take out a huge debt to pay for it. Just my thoughts.
      Julia

Comment

Originally posted by Sheri.A View Post
        We took my 7700 (which I love) in for it's annual check up and cleaning on Saturday. While we were there, my husband saw the 15000 and saw that it may help me with the piece of quilting I struggle on - the actual quilting. The dealer is offering a machine used in a quilting festival class for $8900 with no trade in (and no iPAD).

Questions:
        1. Is this a fair price for a barely used machine?
        2. Has anyone had luck quilting a king size quilt on one (and what kind of batting did you use)?
        3. Has anyone used EQ Stitch to create the design to quilt for the 15000?

I really appreciate your help!

Sheri
        I think that's a pretty good price for the 15000 even though its been used a few times. If you purchase it make sure he throws in the warranty because I know for a fact he can as my dealer tried to sell me a used one and he said he could give a brand new warranty on it because he was a Janome Dealer. The 12000 was selling for around $8000 when I purchased mine a few months ago so I think the $8900 for the 15000 is a pretty good deal.

These machines have beautiful stitching and if you enjoy machine embroidery as much as I do...this would be a great machine for you. I love my 12000 and would be thrilled with being able to purchase the 15000...BUT...personally I'd never buy it just to do the quilting on. I have done quilting on mine but only on small items and it works great...I'm just not sure how much work it would be to do a large quilt on. Just my opinion....
        TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

That's the machine we used at a Jenny Haskins event. The dealer here had an event sale for the machines and they were priced at $8900 also. But they came with the iPad and a bunch of other things. I'm sure it could quilt nicely, but it is just too expensive for me. If you are looking for something to quilt with, why not try a HandiQuilter or Tiara or similar?

Comment

Hi, I don't know about prices for this machine but I had a janome 9000 and then an 11000 which I subsequently sold. Both were brilliant machines but I just didn't use the embroidery facility much so I really wasted a lot of money on something I didn't need. I bought a very standard machine and use it for general sewing, patchwork and quilting, although I have never quilted anything very big on it.
            If I had the money to spare I think I would go for the janome 1600 P QC straight stitch only machine, to run along side the one I have, or the Janome 6600 P.
            Newbies will eventually become oldies :icon_wave:

Comment

If you already have a good machine that you're happy with just keep it for piecing, etc. If FMQ is why you want this machine you'd be better off using that money and buying something like the Sweet Sixteen. The only reason I have the 11000 is I got a good deal on it when taking a demo class. Also, I like to quilt with the embroidery function on my machine so the 11000 has paid off. There are some amazing machines on the market right now so look around at what's out there if you haven't done so already. Make sure you are clear in your mind about what you really need in a machine.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

The only difference I can see to help you quilt large quilts is to get a machine with more throat space. The 7700 has 11" of throat space, does the 15000 give you more? And you are paying a lot for its excellent embroidery functions, make sure you will be using that enough to make it worth the extra $5000 over the cost of the the newest versions of 7700-8200-8900.

Comment

I agree with everyone. It's a LOT of money and IMHO, not THAT different from the 7700 (which I have) unless you want the embroidery machine. If money is not an issue, I would agree that for that kind of expense you could have either a frame/1600 P set up, or a BEAUTIFUL HandiQuilter for not much more (that would be my choice! lol!) or a Sweet16 sit-down version with pretty much any bell or whistle you wanted to add (wouldn't THAT be a dream!) If FMQ is what you really want to do, get the bigger machine and skip the embroidery machine on a very expensive sewing machine. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X