Talk about "Sticky"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about "Sticky"

Some of the Tuesday Morning fabric I got the other day has an adhesive type sheen on at least part of the print. I put one piece in with a white load on high with good detergent and it is as sticky as ever. Is there another solvent for this kind of sticky stuff? Maybe soak in goo gone? Is there anything less toxic? It is like perhaps the material was shrink wrapped and left in the sun or in storage too long. No color - just sticky. HMMMMM.

Re: Talk about "Sticky"

I'm interested, too. I had a FQ that had a sticker on it, and I haven't been able to remove all the goo. Like you I don't want to use Goo-Gone on it . . . rubbing alcohol??
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I think goo gone is your best choice. it is very gentle on the fabric and evaporates easily with no residue left.
      Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Goo be gone won't hurt it, you just have to launder the scent out.

Comment

Orange oil based solvents work really well on this sort of stuff. I use Citra-Solve. I also use some stronger stuff that I buy by the gallon called Limonene. I'm a firm believer in orange oil. It works miracles.

Comment

a little simple green straight might work well.
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

sounds like you got some good suggestions. I just wanted to vent with you....WHY do companies do this?!? Put these brutally sticky things on products that end up ruining the product?! I mean WHO puts sticky stickers on FABRIC?! Honestly! What happened to common sense any more? Good luck with the suggestions...I am pretty sure I used goo gone on frabric but make sure you dont dry it first or that sticky stuff is never coming out! I ruined a good blouse with a sticky nametag I forgot about and washed and dried it. Never could get the goo off!

Comment

Thanks for all the good ideas. When I get home from church today I'll give a try to a few of the solutions. Wendy - in my case I think these fabrics were just sitting around with saran wrap or shrink wrap stuff on them. I suppose I could take them back to TM but it's a very long drive. And hardly worth the gas. I agree with your point about stickers. Must have been a guy - or some blonde. Just Joking Blondie!

Comment

I purchased some fabric at Walmart not long ago (I don't usually purchase fabric at Walmart because, IMHO, it is not quality fabric at all and the people at Walmart have no clue how to cut it), but I digress ...... (it was a craft project and I didn't need high quality fabric). Anyhoo ..... I purchase the fabric and the girl "cutting" the fabric tried to put a sticker on it and I stopped her and asked her to pin it instead. She looked at me like I had an eyeball in the middle of my forehead, and I responded that I did not want sticky stuff on my fabric, so please pin it instead. She looked around for a pin and couldn't find one (we are in the craft department for Pete's sake -- go to the shelf and get one), so she got out the stapler before I could stop her. Seriously?

But really, why do people insist on using the sticky stuff? I know, it is convenient, and the seller has their money, so why should they care that the fabric (or other times for that matter) are ruined by the sticker you have placed on it. Just about any article of clothing I get for my kids at Walmart has a sticker on it of some kind and they always leave a residue. I sympathize with you. But I am pretty sure the goo be gone will work without hurting your fabric, but I would wash it immediately after using it.
                  My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

Comment

I bought some fabric at WalMart and the lady started to put the sticker on it and I told her not to put it on the fabric, just give me the sticker and I'll take it to the register with me.
                    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Working...
                    X