I like the new purse tut.....but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the new purse tut.....but

I think I would try to quilt the two outside pieces before putting them together. You could either straight line quilt them or stipple. I just think it would be a lot sturdier and add just a little more thickness to the sides. Just a thought!
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
    :D

Re: I like the new purse tut.....but

I like this video too and I'm going to make one this weekend.
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I think it would be a great quilt as you go. The front on the batting and then insert the lining.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

I would probably use some thin muslin as a backing for the outside pieces, and a very thin batting, then quilt those 2 pieces...and not use the interfacing on them. Then I would put the interfacing on the lining pieces.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Kateskloset View Post
          I would probably use some thin muslin as a backing for the outside pieces, and a very thin batting, then quilt those 2 pieces...and not use the interfacing on them. Then I would put the interfacing on the lining pieces.
          I took the Craftsy quilt as you go tote class and that's how she did it. Like last years fabric boxes this is going to be all over the place!
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I love the Drez bag and plan to make one. Just by chance my M* ruler came yesterday.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

LOL - I have been cleaning and organizing my "quilt studio" and bought some plastic drawer units that are 12" square on the drawers. Decided I would put all my small rulers and templates in them. Came across MSQC Dresden template! I forgot all about having it. That bag is just too cute. I can see, if someone wanted to, making mother daughter bags just by making smaller Dresdens for the daughters bag.

I also like the idea of quilt as you go.

I hope Jenny has that young man back with another tutorial. He looked a little nervous but I think he will calm down after a few more videos.

If I make one I will put pockets in it.
              Vonnie

Comment

I can't have a purse without a zipper....so I would need to figure that out...which wouldn't be hard.
                Mary
                SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
                  LOL - I have been cleaning and organizing my "quilt studio" and bought some plastic drawer units that are 12" square on the drawers. Decided I would put all my small rulers and templates in them. Came across MSQC Dresden template! I forgot all about having it. That bag is just too cute. I can see, if someone wanted to, making mother daughter bags just by making smaller Dresdens for the daughters bag.

I also like the idea of quilt as you go.

I hope Jenny has that young man back with another tutorial. He looked a little nervous but I think he will calm down after a few more videos.

If I make one I will put pockets in it.
                  A daughters bag would be perfect for Easter or Halloween!
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

I am thinking it would make a nice "knitting bag" I travel with yarn, LOL

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Mpyles View Post
                      I can't have a purse without a zipper....so I would need to figure that out...which wouldn't be hard.

I've been thinking the same thing, I was just asking another forum member about how to go about putting in a snap closure as an alternative.

I really think this purse is adorable.

Comment

I have my pockets already "designed" in my head. One for each device and one for my wallet. Instead of a zipper, which I am not great at, I thought I'd add a tiny hair binder and a big button when I add the straps. I have a bunch of blades that I was going to use so this should be a quicker project. But I can't do anything til my present project is DONE.

Comment

Working...
                        X