what type of design to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what type of design to do

I am fairly new to quilting but I am wanting to make a quilt that starts maroon and gold in one corner and gradually turnes to purple and gold. Any block or design sugestions? :idea: I am thinking the gold can stay the same or have gradually different shades. It will be for a college graduate with the maroon and gold his high school colors and the purple and gold his college colors.

Re: what type of design to do

Have you looked at Bargello patterns? Some are quite simple, others are intricate .. but they are all made using the same idea.. Use a sheet of graph paper, and color with colored pencils going from top left to bottom right, change the colors as you go in the diagonal, and tten usint that idea you can follow apattern to fit your color scheme .. if you look at the patterns this will make more sense the colors of the squares will help you chart howyou want the quilt to look when finished. Good Luck with this.. and keep us posted - especially with pictures!
    Hope this gave you seomthing to start with
    If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

I agree with Quilt Vader. I think a bargello quilt would be perfect. Something like this but with your colors would work beautifully:

Quilting through the dull times
      northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

YES that is exactly what I was thinking ... the one shown here is just beautiful .. Bargello is not hard but it will be a bit time consuming.. DO look up the many beautiful patterns available .. and have fun .. if it ain't fun - don't bother!
        If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

Working...
        X