Pencil markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pencil markings

Does pencil markings wash out of material easily ?
    Thanks for your help. Sue

Re: Pencil markings

Sue that depends greatly on what type of pencil it is. If you are talking about a normal drawing pencil then absolutely NO, these are usually made from graphite and this will penetrate the fibres of the fabric and not come out easily if at all. Even some of the supposedly wash out pencils are not so obliging about coming out as they are supposed to be, but definitely a better choice.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

I use the quilters chalk for my marks. Some brush off easily and others come off in wash.
      Susan

Comment

Sue, I haven't had luck with this - even the pencils that say that they wash off - they didn't. I've learned (the hard way) to try marking on a scrap and then wash it to see if it really comes off. I've also changed to chalk.

Comment

I personally don't like the pencils and only use the chalk. Much easier and reliable.
          Susan

Comment

I have used pencil in the past and luckily enough it washed out...however I now use chalk
            LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

I've never used pencil or chalk. I use the blue pen that disappears when it gets wet. But I am curious about chalk. How long will it stay on the fabric? Does it rub off so easily you lose your lines before you get to them? I'd love to know as I am not always happy with the disappearing pen.
              When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
              X