Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help what do you think a Newbie should do for her very first quilt to try to get the hang of it????

Re: NEWBIE

Check out this thread and welcome to the forum:-)
    http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/how...-beginner.html
    Preeti
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome from central Missouri. My first quilt was a Disappearing 9 Patch. I think a number of the ones Jenny has tutorials on will work for us beginners.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I think a newbie should do something on the small side...maybe a baby quilt or a table runner.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hello and welcome from Ohio. I think start with any nine patch...they are pretty basic and easy. Spend your time picking a pretty fabric and not stressing over the pattern. Then next one try some triangles or stars. The whole point is to have fun. Nine patches are beautiful .
          sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Comment

My first quilt was a baby quilt following a very simple pattern I picked up from my LQS. But the very FIRST thing I did was watch every single one of Jenny's tutorials...the link is at the top of every page here. She is such an inspiration and makes everything so simple!

Good luck choosing and welcome from Ktichener, Ontario. You have made your way to the best quilting forum online! You will get SO much awesome help here from really experienced quilters! Have fun!

Comment

I recently mentored a friend at work on doing a baby quilt for her friend. She picked the Rail Fence pattern. The nice thing about it is there are no matching seams.
              Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric
              Martina (aka MadQuilter in other forums)

Comment

Welcome from Ireland.
                What I make with my hands I give with my heart.

Comment

Welcome from Arizona. I started with a Jelly Roll Race quilt. I watched Jenny's video a dozen times. LOL....I have made a few more that have been easy. I have a problem with cutting evenly and really get frustrated, but I do it anyway. My squares are different sizes, but I keep trying.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Everyone has a personal preference, find a pattern you like and just do it.
                      Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

welcome from Massachusetts. either a 4 patch or 9 patch would be easy. if you wanted more challenge you could add sashing.
                        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

My first quilt was a nine patch with sashing and cornerstones. It was pretty and went together easily. You can do it in any colors you want or make it scrappy. Most of all have fun doing whatever you decide.

Comment

Welcome....my first quilting project was the zig zag table runner from Jenny's tutorial. It worked up fast and I've made several for gifts. One caution though........VERY addicting! :-)
                            ~ Debby

It's my life, it's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just wanna live while I'm alive. It's MY LIFE!"

Jon Bon Jovi
                            :icon_hi:

Comment

My first quilt was a Jelly Roll Race quilt - a big one. In for a penny and all that. Welcome from England.

Comment

Working...
                              X