What kind of marker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of marker

What kind of marker do you use on your quilts to put your name on them?

Re: What kind of marker

I use several different types of pens to make labels. One is a Gel Pen, once I sign the label then I take the iron and heat set it. Another one is a very fine Sharpie Marker. Also, you can use what is called a Micron Pigma Pen. But here lately I have been doing my labels on the Computer and printing them out on fabric that you can get at Joann's or maybe your local quilt store. Just make sure that what you get is machine washable and dryable. They have some that are dry clean only.

Comment

I use a Micron Pigma Pen. I prewash the fabric for my label first and heat set it no issues yet

Comment

I use Pigma pens.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

I use the pigma pens or my printer and printer fabric. I heat set it either way.
          Shirley aka buckeyequilter
          I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Micron Pigma. They're permanent and archival. I've had Sharpies bleed.
            Gel ink pens are permanent, I know this because I tried to remove some from my husband's shirt pocket. After doing research and discovering that gel ink is what law enforcement recommends to prevent bad guys from bleaching the ink from your signed checks, I gave up that idea. But I don't know if gel ink is acid-free.

Comment

Working...
            X