Border Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Border Help Needed

Love youquilt! Sew pretty. What about a modern pieced border? Piano keys or even just green and white. Haow ever wide is what size squares you cut just be sure to add seam allowand 1/2"..
    Have a Sewonderful Day,
    Mary T.

Comment

I really like a large-scale floral border. I would definitely go with that. I'd leave the green border on there as well.
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I like the floral border, those colors are yummy makes me think of an orange creamsickle!
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

I absolutely love this quilt! I like the narrow green. I'd probably bind it in the same green.

Comment

I like the floral fabric also. A very pretty quilt.
            Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

i know you have already decided by now, but I think I would leave on the green, add a large floral border, then use the dotted fabric for the binding. Very pretty quilt!

Comment

Oh! I love it! And I don't think the floral is too much at all...and besides...grandmas ROCK!

Comment

I vote for the floral for the border. Use the polka dot orange for the binding. JCY

Comment

Very pretty! I kind of had a similar issue with a quilt I made... I wanted it to be bigger and only had 3 of the 5 fabrics I used left. So I couldn't make more blocks, so I had to do borders to make it larger..and of course, which color in which order! I laid it out on the floor and put the options around it. I was really surprised when 2, 2" borders and 1, 4" border really made the quilt blocks pop and made the quilt larger and it looked really good! Here's the picture...

So maybe take the three colors you have and lay them out and alternate them...maybe the print a 2" border and the solids a 2" and a 4"..or something like that. I am not sure how a larger border of the print =would look...might take away from the presentation of it in the blocks.
                    Attached Files
                    Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

I you have a design wall, hang the quilt and hang the fabric beside it and step back and look at it. I have to do that with all my borders. Usually what I think will look good, I don't like once I see it. It will be something I never thought of that will look really good.

Comment

I would take the green off, border it with the lighter peach, and bind it with the green. That's just me. It is a beautiful quilt. She should treasure it for years to come.
                        "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
                        :D

Comment

What about the light orange - it's like it borders each of the on-point fussy cut sections and I think would look good to border the entire quilt as well
                          - Phyllis :)

Comment

I guess I am the odd man out but I would not put the floral print border on a young persons quilt. I would have put maybe the green stripe and the dot print instead, I think that would give it a younger vibe. But hey that's just me and my taste. Maybe if the neice knew/knows about the quilt the options could be given to her, she may love all things floral. To be honest I don't think you'll find me voting for floral ever though not my style at all-maybe I have a floral prejudice. Closing mouth now.

Comment

I like the floral but I also think it would be too much in the border..sometimes less is more. I think it's personal preference. I love the quilt btw! So nice and springy!

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I decided to go with the light orange/white dot fabric as a narrow border next to the green. I then cut 8 inch borders out of the stripe/floral. I don't know what I was thinking. Sewed the narrow border to the stripe border, then sewed to the sides of the quilt. When I got ready to put the top and bottom on I realize the dumb mistake I made. The small border was to go on the quilt first, then sew the border. Now I have to do a lot of ripping and repairing. I was more sleep deprived than I thought I was. I should not have been in the sewing room!
                                Robin
                                My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Working...
                                X