First Dresdan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Dresdan

Now I have to decide on background color, not happy with either of these choices.
    dresdan 001.jpg

May just wait to buy a different one, any suggestions?
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Re: First Dresdan

Try grey and aqua.
    I prefer the first :-)
    Preeti
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Those look great and I like the first one the best

Comment

I like them both - very springy!!!!

Comment

Maybe pink??

Comment

If I was going to pick one I'd pick the one on the left. If I was going to use different fabric then I'd probably use a dark green...something like a hunter green....but that's just me...
            TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I think the burgundy is too dark and the other is too light. You need something in between. Your plates are gorgeous!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                I think the burgundy is too dark and the other is too light. You need something in between. Your plates are gorgeous!
                I agree. The first one overwhelms your beautiful spring colors and the second one washes them out. I'd look again for the background. But, I love the dresden and the colors you picked!!

Comment

I would pick one of those gorgeous blues in the plates. Makes me think of a springy blue sky. Nice dresdens!
                  Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

I love them, I like the dark fabric. It makes the dresden plate pop. You did a great job, what size blades did you use? I've been wanting to make them for the holidays for my table, very festive,
                    Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Comment

Love your dresdens. I would try a green or blue.
                      Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                      I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Love the contrast of the dark one. You have to consider with what you will be putting this; ie: does the rest of your room match the pinks or the blues. I personally think the rosy one is beautiful but I love contrast. This is very pretty!

Comment

It does depend on what you are using for and the colors in the room. I love bold contrast so the burgandy is perfect. Beautiful work on the dredans
                          Karen
                          Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Wow...those are good! If I had to choose I would pick the burgundy...but I also love bold contrast. Or make it springy with one of the light aquas from your plate colours.

Comment

Originally posted by maxwellthecat View Post
                              I love them, I like the dark fabric. It makes the dresden plate pop. You did a great job, what size blades did you use? I've been wanting to make them for the holidays for my table, very festive,
                              I used a "candy bar"(?) a pack of 40 2.5" x 5" pieces Oasis by 3 sisters for Moda it was just something I had stuffed in my bin and a friend gave me the easy dresden ruler she bought doubles of so a bored me just made these.
                              Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Working...
                              X