need your help lady's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need your help lady's

I need your help lady's I was looking at quilts and I came across this I just love it. what I would like to know is,
    is this quilt a kit and if so where can I buy one and if not a kit dose anyone know who made it and if she has a pattern or maybe a tutorial on how to make one. thank you lady's
    Attached Files

Re: need your help lady's

IMG_0606.jpgIMG_0607.jpgI made one like this and I can't for the life of me remember right now what it's called,, driving me crazy...Hey,, I just thought of it... it's Watercolor Quilting...!!!!

It was a lot of fund to make..very plain information regarding the type of "floral fabrics" to choose... and the color and shading is your choice... to begin I had to cut a small square and assign it a number (according to directions) and staple it to a sheet of paper with it's number next to it.. this is important because it is sewn in "strips the width of fabric" in a certain number sequence, then made into a tube... the tube is cut into strips (width given).. then each "tube strip" is "unstitched" between certain numbers... then laid out and stitched together which becomes this beautiful design ..
    Being the "blue and white" lover that I am,, I chose to use only blue and white print fabrics..I've searched for this pattern and can't find it in my house.. but I know there are many "Watercolor" books out there...
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

This place may not have the exact quilt, but it's a good site to start searching through.

Watercolor Quilt Kits
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Heart in Bloom in the link above is the pattern for your quilt. Picking the right fabrics seems like it would be the biggest challenge!

Comment

It's lovely.

Comment

Thank you lady's for your help somewhat new to quilting but I'm going to jump in at the deep end (always do)
            and see what I can do, wish me luck.

Comment

With all my heart, Hopes Heart, Mary's Heart, could all be variations of what you posted also. Depending on the fabrics.

Comment

Well I'v been to the Water color web site and I have pick these two what do you think?
                Now all I have to do is see what I can do wish me luck I think I'm going to need it.
                Attached Files

Comment

They are both really pretty. The kits sound reasonable. Can you imagine how much fabric you would have to buy to get all those prints!
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

That is beautiful!

Comment

With My Heart Watercolor Kit at Everything Quilts
                      Mary
                      SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Watercolour and Bargello quilts are a bit of a handful for a beginner. I'm hoping these kits include the gridded fusible interfacing, where you place all your fabrics on following a chart then press them, then there's just long seams to sew. Also a kit should include the vast number of fabrics you need. Good luck, it'll be worth it, they're amongst my favourite quilts!!

Cheers, Pami

Comment

Good luck with your watercolor kits, keep us posted how you do with them. All three of them pictured here are beautiful.
                          Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

i have seen the kits on e bay but it is a hit or miss as to what one you may find. they are beautiful. if you google water color quilt kit you might come up with many options.
                            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

My friend just showed me a picture of one just like that which she made a few years ago. It is a watercolor quilt she called, 'flowers of the heart'. It had a very subtle secondary image of another heart at the base of the first heart, and the soft floral image was stunning. She said it took her a year to do, but she was also new to quilting.
                              sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Working...
                              X