Hexie question.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hexie question.......

I've discovered that epp can be addicting!! Anyway, I'm getting ready to order more diamonds papers for the project that I'm on. I thought I might try hexies next. But was wondering what size hexie papers do I order to fit the 2 1/2 inch mini charms? I don't like to cut fabric so I want to find something to work with the mini charms. Thanks for any help!!

Re: Hexie question.......

The 1" hexis fit a 2.5" square. Hexis are measured along one of the edges.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

I think 1 inch hexies would work. I am currently doing 1 1/4 inch and they take a 3 inch piece.

Comment

I am working on a 1" Hexie quilt right now. I bought several of the mini charms when I started it because we were moving and I had to pack up my sewing room. They worked perfectly! Instead of buying the pre cut papers, I went to Joann's and in the scrap booking section I found a 1" Hexie paper punch. I bought some cheap card stock and made my own. I used a 40% off coupon for the punch so made it less than $10 and I don't remember what I paid for the card stock but it was still cheaper than ordering pre cut papers. I don't know how thick or thin the precut shapes are but if they are thin, you could punch them out of copy paper.

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

Thanks for the answers! Great idea about the punch. I'll remember that if I decide to really get into the hexies. I really love doing the diamonds and have about to stars from the Midwinter red line done.

Comment

The 1-inch hexies will fit on the 2 1/2 minis perfectly. A good source for every paper shape is Welcome To Paper Pieces. Good folks to do business with.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Paperr Pieces is who I'm ordering from. Do you/anyone have any epp sites to recommend? I'm really enjoying the portablility of the projects.

Comment

What is EPP? Thank you

Comment

epp=English paper piecing. Though when I wrote a friend, she thought I had written ept. Lead to a very funny set of e-mails

Comment

Could anyone recommend any english paper piecing sites that you've enjoyed for me to play on?

Comment

Working...
                    X