X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mia
    replied
    Re: I need your opinions.... Please

What a sweet letter, Meemee. You've helped get me back on track because I've just been looking at these sixty completed quilt blocks and worrying over the red. I'm going to just do it and as you said, the worst case is I will have to rip some seams.....which I'm an expert with. Big hugs and thanks for the encouragement.

Leave a comment:

• meemeecyn
    replied

Mia, I have only been quilting a year or so and find the more I learn, the more I don't know! I understand your indecisiveness....it comes with having so many options to do a project. Which ever you pick will look nice, I am sure. And the worse that can happen after you do a little, is to take it out and change it! You are on the right track. I find the longer I wait, the more indecisive I get. And not just with colors...everything else. Sometimes it stops me completely but eventually the light dawns! It will for you, too!

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

Thank you Meemee. I'm trying to figure out what shade of red now. I have three. One is a true red with black pattern..... one is a tomato red (almost orangie) and the third is darker red with a mottled look to it. My instinct leans towards the first.. the true red w/black .... but I'm a little concerned that it's too much pattern. I'm learning how indecisive I really am lol.

Leave a comment:

• meemeecyn
    replied

RED! What you have done already is very nice....the brightness/contrast of the red will make it pop even more! Great job, Mia.

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

Thank you all so very much.......

Your opinions mean a lot to me.....

RED it is....... and thanks for the compliments too....

Leave a comment:

• tamsterg7
    replied

RED, RED, RED baby - that will make it POP!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• quiltlady54
    replied

I love the red also. very pretty quilt.

Leave a comment:

• Loonwatcher
    replied

I have to say the red on the right with the black in it too. Can't wait to see your finished quilt.

Leave a comment:

• llm161
    replied

I like the middle red also. Second to that is the red on the right.

Leave a comment:

• Mimis-quilts
    replied

thanks for the pics...after seeing them I vote on red. Of the 3 you showed I like the middle, brighter red. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Leave a comment:

• JVO
    replied

I think RED is the colour!! For sure. I sort of like the red on the right, with some black in it.

Leave a comment:

• SuzyQue
    replied

I like the center red the best, also. It kind of pops! Can't wait to see it finished!

Leave a comment:

• Susan M
    replied

Red would be perfect! I am partial to the center red [the brightest]. Can't wait to see the finished quilt as it is already beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

P1000852.jpgP1000854.jpgP1000855.jpgP1000856.jpgThanks Susan ... I agree........

Here are a couple of photos of the squares.... laid out on my bed and not even sewn into rows yet. (Sorry I have to admit to being a lousy photographer. They really are black and white though many of them appear grey)

Leave a comment:

• Susan M
    replied

Sometimes when I am stuck on a design or colors, I just put it down for a while or start something new. Usually when I go back to the quilt the answer I need is there! From your description red sounds perfect, but I also agree with taking pictures of the different designs. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X