Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need your opinions.... Please

Hi everyone and happy Wednesday...

I've been working on my black and white stars quilt and I'm ready to begin the assembly process.

The stars are black and white print and the background is a solid black on some or a tone on tone pattern ...also in black on others.

I plan to inset 2 1/2" squares into each corner of the backing so they will make diamond shapes when the rows are assembled.

So here's my problem........ I cannot decide whether to use a solid red or a black and red print for those diamonds. I've thought about it for a couple of days, and even considered just making them solid white. Too much thought has confuzzled my poor brain.

Won't you please give me your opinion? Will a red - black print be too 'busy'? Would solid red (or white) be better?

Thank you all very much....... I always appreciate your help
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Re: I need your opinions.... Please

Can you lay it out and take pictures of the different options, then look at the pictures side by side? I know that is what I do when I have a tuff decision to make then it comes to quilts, colors and such.
    JVO

Comment

I'm thinking a solid red. I think the contrast would set it off.
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I think JVO's suggestion is a good one, and agree with bakermom that solid red sounds good.
        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Laying out the blocks and taking a pic to post would help us to help you...don't know about others, but I'm all for visuals!
          LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Sometimes when I am stuck on a design or colors, I just put it down for a while or start something new. Usually when I go back to the quilt the answer I need is there! From your description red sounds perfect, but I also agree with taking pictures of the different designs. Good luck!
            Susan

Comment

P1000852.jpgP1000854.jpgP1000855.jpgP1000856.jpgThanks Susan ... I agree........

Here are a couple of photos of the squares.... laid out on my bed and not even sewn into rows yet. (Sorry I have to admit to being a lousy photographer. They really are black and white though many of them appear grey)
              ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
              Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
              (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Red would be perfect! I am partial to the center red [the brightest]. Can't wait to see the finished quilt as it is already beautiful.
                Susan

Comment

I like the center red the best, also. It kind of pops! Can't wait to see it finished!

Comment

I think RED is the colour!! For sure. I sort of like the red on the right, with some black in it.
                    JVO

Comment

thanks for the pics...after seeing them I vote on red. Of the 3 you showed I like the middle, brighter red. Can't wait to see the finished project.
                      LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

I like the middle red also. Second to that is the red on the right.
                        Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
                        "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

I have to say the red on the right with the black in it too. Can't wait to see your finished quilt.
                          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I love the red also. very pretty quilt.

Comment

RED, RED, RED baby - that will make it POP!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X