Window Pane 9 Patch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Pane 9 Patch question

WP9P is my next quilt. I'm wondering if anybody has made this design with fewer than nine different fabrics in the squares. I have maybe six, and I'm happy with that mix. They are mostly rust and gold with splashes of purple in two of them. I'm using purple for the window pane strips. I am worried that if I duplicate the fabrics in the nine squares, I'll end up with something that's not very pleasing. I don't really want to go back to shopping for this quilt, since I reached a point where I was happy with it. But, now I'm second guessing myself. Should I go ahead with the six plus the panes...or shop for three more rust/gold/purple prints? What do you think?

Re: Window Pane 9 Patch question

Make a practice block and see how you like it.
    Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

You could always make a 6-pane window, then join those together in rows to make the colors lay out evenly
      I'm a little nutty though - I don't think blocks always have to be squares. LOL

Comment

I agree with Squeaky-you could do a 6 pane. I'd play with layout. Some vertical, some horizontal or just all in rows. Quilting lends itself to trying new things. Just lay them out and see what you like best.

Comment

Working...
        X