Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney Wal -e and Eva quilt

Good morning,

I have been dealing with an idea and just can't fingure out how to get it going.
    My wife's cousin just got married and there theme of the wedding was childhood.
    The cake had Wal-E and eva on the top vrey awesome. As a christmas gift to them I would like to make a quilt with like Wal-e and eva in the center. Or some thing as throw quilt but shows there love. ANy idea? Please help me out.
    Thanks Aaron

Re: Disney Wal -e and Eva quilt

Wow, great idea for those Newly Weds.. I immediately thought of Applique.. but there is some great fabric out there of Wal-E and Eva.. might be a bit expensive since it is a Disney creation.. So if ya find the fabric,, think of fussy cutting blocks or circles with the Eva & Wal-E centered. Designing your quilt is the next step.. and I don't have a clue as to where this may lead you.. SOooo let us know how this goes.. OK?
    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
    :icon_wave:

Comment

OMG! Applique sounds good. If you want to make your own applique instead of fussy cutting from a fabric, just find a picture that you like of Eva & Wal-E and enlarge it with a photo copier to the size you'd like. You'll need multiple copies of course. Try drawing a rough sketch of any idea you think might work for the design and before you know it you will have the right design picked. My Red Sox quilts were appliqued. The center logo was designed in this way. Good luck!
      Susan

Comment

Thank you for you advice. Since then I have been designing this quilt. What I'm going to try to do is print on fabric some pictures of their wedding and some family pics too. The picture of the cake in the center would be cool too. I don't want to get to crazy with pictures just a few that when those cool nights they can sunggle under it watching tv or a movie and look down at their wedding.
        Just remember back. Just now need to find help on printing on fabrics.

Comment

Sounds great! If you want to try something smaller, maybe a wall hanging or table topper? Can't wait to see the end result!

Comment

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Photos are great to work with. You can add zing to them with a border of fabric. I've only used the packaged printer fabric that is available at JoAnn's or quilt shops. Not sure if anyone on the site has made their own printer fabric. I believe you have to treat the fabric before use.
            Susan

Comment

Working...
            X