Jelly Roll Race question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelly Roll Race question

Hello! I purchased this jelly roll to make a JRR quilt: https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...hka-jelly-roll

Now I'm rethinking that and wondering if the quilt will look weird because some of the prints are directional (the dolls, specifically).

Any input? Is this a silly concern?

Thanks so much!

Re: Jelly Roll Race question

If the dolls are running along the length of a strip (a row of dolls) I would try to sew them in the same direction when you come to them. If the dolls would be sideways on a strip you can still make them face the same direction. If it doesn't bother you, just sew the strips as you grab them and see how you like it.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I would just sew it as you grab the pieces. I wouldn't worry about it really. It will look just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mommadeb View Post
        I would just sew it as you grab the pieces. I wouldn't worry about it really. It will look just fine.
        I second that!

Comment

I think the dolls going one direction or both directions look fine. Remember when you are doing the race, the fabric sometimes changes directions. I agree with the just sew them as they come.

Comment

Thank you all so much!

Comment

I think of the JR quilt as being in the scrappy quilt category, which, TO ME, means there are not too many rules about how the fabric works out.

Well, maybe not so much scrappy, but definitely not in a traditional block layout. Anyways, I think there are less considerations about how the fabric runs.

Comment

Working...
              X