Irish Chain Quilt question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish Chain Quilt question

I bought the Bella Solids Jelly Roll in white to make the Irish chain. Now I need to get white yardage for the solid squares. If I don't match the white of the jelly roll will it look "off"? The closest color match they have is Bella Solids white bleached. Any thoughts?

Re: Irish Chain Quilt question

for this pattern. yes, it would matter to me.
    Whites are tricky to match.

Comment

I definitely would want the fabrics to match exactly. I cut my own background strips because I wanted the fabrics to match.

Comment

Like Jean, I cut my own. I ended up using a white on white polka dot fabric for my white. I think it added a great dimension to my Irish Chain quilt.
        Robin
        My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Agreed! Set that jelly roll aside for a different project. Get the right amount you need to make your quilt from the same white fabric. The only way it would be okay to add a different white would be if you were making a scrappy quilt using lots of different whites. Not the case with the quilt you are making.
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I agree with the rest - I'm working on that very quilt now and I had to fine the exact match or I thought it would look "funny". Luckily my LQS had the yardage for the solid. Hope that helps!
            sigpicCarolyn

Comment

Bella solid white is sold in many shops, if you know the exact color you should be able to find the matching yardage

Comment

Thank you all for your great ideas. I will go find some yardage.

Comment

Working...
                X