Next project???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next project???

Just finished my quilt and trying to figure out my next one. I know the room I want it in, but I can't find a pattern that I really want to do. I am considering either Double Wedding Ring or Lone Star (haven't done either if these yet). I want it to be primarily yellows, brown and beiges... I have a lot these in my stash. But I'm just not seeing it..if you know what I mean.
    So to my question: Do you usually start with fabrics and then pick a pattern...or pick your pattern and match your fabrics??
    sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Re: Next project???

I usually pick a pattern and then shop my stash for the right fabrics.
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Most of the time it is pattern, then fabric. But if I fall in love with a fabric, then it is reversed. I found the cutest fabric with bunnies on it. Trying to find the best pattern for it.

Comment

Both. I have tons of magazines sometimes I pull them out to get inspired then shop my stash, I'm always lacking the yardage of background fabric though so I start shopping, then I find fabric! It's like the book if you give a mouse a cookie but it's if Rachel wants to make a quilt... Haha

Comment

I just bought a dd and an extra pack and mulled it over and might do a lattice. On the other hand I love the Hunters star (look at that for your pattern) and I'm going to pick fabrics out for it. It's a mood I guess.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by cindyinohio View Post
            Just finished my quilt and trying to figure out my next one. I know the room I want it in, but I can't find a pattern that I really want to do. I am considering either Double Wedding Ring or Lone Star (haven't done either if these yet). I want it to be primarily yellows, brown and beiges... I have a lot these in my stash. But I'm just not seeing it..if you know what I mean.
            So to my question: Do you usually start with fabrics and then pick a pattern...or pick your pattern and match your fabrics??
            I am still a newbie so not sure the way I am going to end up doing it the most. I think I might end up leaning towards choosing pattern than fabric the most. There are so many types I want to do. I am in the process of learning how to crazy quilt at the same time finishing up a double sliced layer cake and jelly roll quilt. I would really love to do a New York Beauty quilt. I joined a class on Craftsy called Quick Strip Paper Piecing and one of the projects is a New York Beauty pattern. It is very pretty and unique and there are many different ways you can do it. I am not in love with all New York Beauty type quilts but I like the pattern that she has.....the main one hanging in the back during the instruction...blue and yellow one. She is a very good teacher. Here is the link: Learn Paper Piecing in Craftsy's Quick-Strip Paper Piecing

This one is really unique but not the one in the class: http://www.ginasbernina.com/weblog/w...4/beverly3.jpg
            Last edited by HollyinWA; April 2, 2014, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X