X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design/pattern question

Hi

I got a crazy idea!

What if you combine the jacob´s ladder pattern with a log cabin block ?

I mean the ligth side/the dark side of a LC block is sort of triangle ish and combine that with a fourpatch and lay that new block out in a Jacob´s ladder pattern.

Do you follow what I mean or am I way out of it ?

Do you think that will work ?
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Design/pattern question

I'd draw it on graph paper first.
    It sounds like it would look really nice, but when I'm doing something like that...it helps if I have a visual on paper before starting.

Comment

I have no plans on making it yet.

Just got the idea and wanted to see what everone else thought about it.

Annika
      sigpic

And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Annika you got me started on this Jamestown Landing quilt. It is coming out really great, but it is only 50x60 right now, so I think I am going to make more blocks and try to make a queen size out of it. That will be about 90x100

jamestown landing.jpg jamestown landing1.jpg
        Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Originally posted by Doloris View Post
          Annika you got me started on this Jamestown Landing quilt. It is coming out really great, but it is only 50x60 right now, so I think I am going to make more blocks and try to make a queen size out of it. That will be about 90x100

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72517[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]72518[/ATTACH]
          Aaawwhh That is just gorgeous!!!!

I want to do this one to. Where do I get the time to do all the quilts I want to do?!

Great work!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Swedish leo View Post
            ... Where do I get the time to do all the quilts I want to do?!
            ...sigh.... the story of our lives I think If I could get away with it, I'd lock myself up for a month (having already shopped for my fabrics of course) and just sew and quilt!! I'd probably lose a few pounds while I was at it because I wouldn't care about food

Comment

I'm having trouble picturing what you are saying, but your work proves you know how to make it work…….so I bet it would be interesting!

Comment

Working...
              X