Color selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color selection

I'm looking to do the coin quilt with pizzazz. I have the artisan batik color source 4. Any suggestions on the background color? I'm looking to not go too dark. image.jpg

Re: Color selection

image.jpgI just did a quilt for my husband in similar blue batiks and I used white. Not everybody likes white but I do. It also depends on how much blue you will have. Here's a pic. I did the d9p
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

I know you said you didn't want to go dark, but I love how black makes colors pop! If you truly want to stay light......I would suggest a very, very light turquoise that would blend. I think white would look stark.....but just my opinion.

Comment

I just got that jelly roll, it is really beautiful. Any of the above suggestions would go nicely with the fabrics.

Comment

The darker blues may get lost with a dark background. You may want to stay with a light color background.
          Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

I'm with Suzy on this one. A dark blue solid could also work. Or if it has to be light: the lightest colour in the pack would also work.

Comment

Should I stick with batik fabric for background, binding, etc?? I've never worked with it before.

Comment

I like the second one down third from the left
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Grey is very popular these days. Choose a lighter hue for contrast.
                  I have used black with hot pink and orange in a rail fence pattern. Made it REALLY pop.
                  Sew Preeti Quilts: Quilt # 10 - Basket Case
                  Preeti
                  http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here is Jennys tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVyDn6kD0_c
                    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

I like the idea of using white. I think it will look really neat. I actually bought some of the exact same fabric and am pairing it with white, due to the fact that the collection has more dark in it.

Comment

first row, 4th block....a blue/green in this family..start with that color and work towards a sandy color in that family. I couldn't find a name for it, so I'm trying to describe it as best I can.

Comment

Working...
                        X