Quilting and Embroidery in The Same Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting and Embroidery in The Same Quilt

I've never done this before, but I'm going to try. I'm going to make a twin sized quilt for my 6 year old GS and it's going to be a baseball theme. I have baseball fabric, University of Louisville fabric, and am going to embroider the St Louis Cardinals logo. I haven't figured out how many squares of that I'll have. The back will be St Louis Cardinals fleece because they don't make MLB regular cotton, just fleece. I've had my Brother Dreamweaver almost a year and this will be my biggest embroidery attempt. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Re: Quilting and Embroidery in The Same Quilt

Can you find the Cardinals logo for embroidery machines? They are licensed, so it may be expensive! But if one is available, I would love to get that! I made an Irish Chain quilt with embroidery in between the chains, it turned out great. What pattern are you going to use?

Comment

Would this work

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5756869...w_type=gallery
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
        It would work for me! Thanks!

Comment

I do have the logo. I purchased one last year. It wasn't that expensive either, about $4.95. I know people do this all the time but I'm just nervous because I've never tried it. I have my threads, the logo, and stabilizer. I'm going to practice a little today and then start tomorrow.

Comment

Your welcome Etsy and Ebay have a lot of digitizers. I have the soft ware for it, but it's a hard learning curve for me.

I can't wait to see what you both make!
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Cut the piece you will be embroidering on larger than you need, then trim it down to size once you are done. This also helps if you don't get the design exactly where you wanted it on the fabric, gives you some wiggle room.

Use water soluble stabilizer, it is softer in a quilt. No need to dissolve it before you put your quilt together, it washes out in a finished quilt just fine! Run the quilt through the rinse cycle in the washer until the water is clear, then wash with soap as usual.
              Cathryn

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                I made an Irish Chain quilt with embroidery in between the chains, it turned out great. What pattern are you going to use?
                Jean, do you embroider the block before it is sewn into the quilt top, or embroider after, onto your quilt sandwich (or just the top??)
                I've been wanting to do this myself, but a bit intimidated!

Comment

I did embroidered blocks with other quilt blocks for my grand daughters quilts.
                  I embroidered the blocks first and then assembled them into the quilt.
                  They are posted in my album.
                  Sometimes I wake up Grumpy!
                  Other times I just let HIM sleep.

Lynn

Comment

Working...
                  X