I AM HOPING SOMEONE CAN HELP WITH THIS DELIMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I AM HOPING SOMEONE CAN HELP WITH THIS DELIMA

My machine a Brother SQ9000 not anything fancy but I am in the middle of finishing a quilt and the machine has decided to skip stitches. i practice on a small square that has batting and fabric so it is nice and thick it works on there just fine but when i go to put my quilt in it does not even acknowledge the stitch i have picked it straight stitches. i have changed the needled, rethreaded the machine several times, taken the bobbin out and rethreaded that and i have tried several and i mean several type of needles, does anyone have any suggestions??? Mahalo
    Last edited by AlohaSandy; March 30, 2014, 10:54 PM.
    sigpicHawaiigrammi

Re: I AM HOPING SOMEONE CAN HELP WITH THIS DELIMA

hmm, how about turning the machine off, wait a minute, then turn it back on?

Comment

I tried that it has been off a few days i was busy baby sitting, lol
      Originally posted by snippet View Post
      hmm, how about turning the machine off, wait a minute, then turn it back on?
      sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

I have brother machines. I have ran into a few problems FMQ, here's what I have learned about my machine. When am FMQ if I'm bringing the quilt towards me my stitches are fine when I'm pushing the quilt up through the machine I get skipped stitches and unfinished curves. I think it's the weight of the quilt working against the machine plus my speed. No matter how slow I ho still same issues. I'd really complain but I only paid 200 for my machine new so I try to work with the machine and FMQ bringing the quilt towards me. Hope that helps....

Comment

Originally posted by Davidsgirl08 View Post
          I have brother machines. I have ran into a few problems FMQ, here's what I have learned about my machine. When am FMQ if I'm bringing the quilt towards me my stitches are fine when I'm pushing the quilt up through the machine I get skipped stitches and unfinished curves. I think it's the weight of the quilt working against the machine plus my speed. No matter how slow I ho still same issues. I'd really complain but I only paid 200 for my machine new so I try to work with the machine and FMQ bringing the quilt towards me. Hope that helps....
          Yes it does and it makes sense, well i also only paid a few hundred for mine and it has served it purpose so far. i did order a new Janome last week from HSN but I needed to finish this quilt order today I guess I will wait for the new machine. Mahalo for your help.
          sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

I'm also guessing the weight if the fabric may be working against you. I don't have a recessed table for my machine and use a big ext table. It's still on issue on big quilts so I put other things under the quilt to support it. I often put it on my shoulder-anything to keep so much weight pulling in the needle.
            Good luck!

Comment

Are you using the Supreme Slider? Also did you wax your extension table? It's impt. to support the weight of the quilt so nothing drags off the edges. JCY

Comment

Working...
              X